Who is getting LOTR: Two Towers DVD tommorow?
Aug 26, 2003 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

vrao81

500+ Head-Fier
Oh man I can't wait
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2003 at 2:34 AM Post #2 of 34
I am, along with the new Warren Zevon CD.

Aug 26, 2003 at 2:43 AM Post #3 of 34
I ordered the Platinum Edition, 4 disc set, so I have to wait until November until they release it. Ever since I got this edition of the first movie I swore not to waste money buying the regular version again. The extra 30 or so minutes were kind of nice, even if they weren't that good toward developing the storyline.

Aug 26, 2003 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 34
i've had my copy for like 5 months already.
tongue.gif
(academy copy)

Aug 26, 2003 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 34
Soon as Blockbuster opens. I'll get the other one in November anyway. Just don't want to wait. B*&%ards know how to milk some extra cash.

Aug 26, 2003 at 7:31 AM Post #10 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
I ordered the Platinum Edition, 4 disc set, so I have to wait until November until they release it. Ever since I got this edition of the first movie I swore not to waste money buying the regular version again. The extra 30 or so minutes were kind of nice, even if they weren't that good toward developing the storyline.

Ditto.

I fricken hate it when they release a "Special" edition.. then a "special-er" edition then a "but wait, this one's even more special" edition
mad.gif

I've got about 3-4 dvds that fall under not-so-special edition that I'm going to rebuy, fortunately the first LOTR isn't one of them, and TT won't be either!

Aug 26, 2003 at 8:05 AM Post #11 of 34
They bootlegged the Academy Awards DVD here in Asia months ago. It's great! But I would wait for the platinum, too, since thge LOTR extended edition was so great. It's the only version I want to watch now. I can't wait for the next Oscars and the end of the trilogy!

Aug 26, 2003 at 8:35 AM Post #12 of 34
Quote:

i've had my copy for like 5 months already. (academy copy)

me too
biggrin.gif
isn't it great. someone bought it for me while in the Phillippines! i'm glad i've had the chance to be able to watch for so long now, seeing as i would go nuts waiting for the normal version to come out tomorrow. me, i will buy it anyway, and get the special "special" edition in 4 months too. i'm too big of a fan not to. plus, my editors copy now has kind of a bad ring in the higher frequencies in sound quality...and the picture isn't the greatest also, which is another reason why i'm going to buy it tomorrow. but i loved the fact that the special edition Fellowship was made in DTS, rather than DD...DTS IMO sounds way better than DD...more separation. i just hope i can get another bootleg of the return of the king soon after it comes out
tongue.gif

how many people (LOTR fans) think of this trilogy as the best movie, or their favorite movie of all time? i sure do...and i may be crazy, but damn i love these movies!!! and the books alone changed my life...they made me appreciate reading and all that it has to offer
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2003 at 9:02 AM Post #13 of 34
Zep,
Glad you loved the books! They are classics (I hope you checked out "The Hobbit" as well!) And I think the films are absolutely marvelous adaptations and just brilliant films. You've got good taste and I'm glad you've found some works of art that have touched you!

Aug 26, 2003 at 11:16 AM Post #14 of 34
I'll definitely pick-up a copy today. But then, I've yet to see The Two Towers for the first time!

LOL, with the inclusion of The Return of the King, pre-Christmas 2004 will certainly be a marketing extravaganza in terms of "collectors" sets!

TravelLite

Aug 26, 2003 at 11:33 AM Post #15 of 34
I'm going to wait for the 4 dvd version as well. After seeing the extended version of FOTR, and finding it superior in every way, I can't wait to see the extended version of TT. I liked the theatrical release version of TT better than the theatrical release of LOTR, so I'm expecting good things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back