who is actually using dialup?
Jan 3, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #46 of 55
I had dial-up for over 6 years.. only getting cable in the last year here
redface.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 9:41 AM Post #47 of 55
i know of some relatives that do, oddly enough they are both canadian, and thinl their age may play a part, meaning they are not up to date with broadband.

i use it as a redundancy, automatically dials up through an external modem connected to my router if adsl goes down!!

Jan 3, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #50 of 55
Lots of rural areas don't have many options, and satellite internet can be a major PITA. Luckily, there are long range wireless high-speed networks going up in lots of rural areas. DSL and Cable are reaching further into rural areas as well.

When we moved here 2 years ago, there was no high speed. Comcast laid the lines out here literally within weeks of us moving here, and I have NO idea why they came out this way (I'm fairly far out). Our phone lines couldn't sustain anything over 28k either, so it was absolutely miserable while I had to wait.

Jan 3, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #53 of 55
Well im not on dial up but after me and my sis have shared the 2gb dowload limit i only have 1gb, and it goes quick. Near the end of the month, some months, i dont have much left, andit is nice to know not to load a certain thread cos its got 5mb of pictures. 10 threads like that and ive used 50mb!

Jan 3, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #54 of 55
Long time since I were on Dial-up!
At least back to early 2000, if not 1999...

Jan 3, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #55 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Long time since I were on Dial-up!
At least back to early 2000, if not 1999...

Same here.

Having said that i was stuck on 512kb for most of that time which wasnt much faster, my exchange was only recently updated a few months ago and now i'm getting 2.4meg
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back