Who Here Is Still Using HeadRoom Amps/DACs?
Feb 8, 2021 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wingtsun

100+ Head-Fier
Mine are still going strong and have sold many more recent amps in favour of the HeadRoom Ultra Micro Amp/DAC stack. Admittedly, I don't carry these around with me unless I go travelling for a while but I still love the sound, especially now paired with a Schiit Loki.
genelecs.png

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #2 of 8
Or have the old boys left the building, happy with what they had? :)

Feb 8, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 8
I still own a Headroom MAX with the stepped attenuator as a volume pot. It was one of the most powerful headphone amps from 2000's and it still can kick some serious a**. It can power hard to drive cans like HD650/800S or even LCD-4 without much issue.

Feb 9, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #5 of 8
I still own a Headroom MAX with the stepped attenuator as a volume pot. It was one of the most powerful headphone amps from 2000's and it still can kick some serious a**. It can power hard to drive cans like HD650/800S or even LCD-4 without much issue.

Good amps! They did a balanced version of the Max, too, I think.

Apr 16, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 8
Headroom amps are my favorite amp. I have collected many of Headroom amps over the years and still looking for Headroom amps out in the wild that I don't have in my collection. I started with Total Airhead many years ago and that amp went everywhere I went including few of the deployments when I was in the Army. My office setup is Headroom MicroAmp/DAC (old 9v battery version with desktop module) stack still sounding wonderful to my ears.

Apr 25, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #7 of 8
Still using the set I got from the early, limited offer from HeadRoom : the HeadRoom Coda & Overture.
It was HeadRooms entry into the digital realm (apart from the Total BitHead!) , now connected to my desktop and a Beyerdynamic DT880.
Still happy with it, running mains powered , not battery powered.
Also had the Total AirHead, but that was really not too satisfying, and was replaced with other portable amps.
Also using the Xin SuperMacro3 version 4 , with OP627 and full buffers : the best portable amp you could have!

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #8 of 8
I'm a Ray Samuels junkie. I'm still sad that he didn't keep making new amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back