Who Here Is Crazy Enough To Take Multiple Headphones for Vacation/Travel?
Sep 9, 2021 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Jazz1

1000+ Head-Fier
After two years of COVID no travel I'm finally breaking out to visit family for a week. Now I have to make choices on headphones.

Yes, I'm a headphone addict. So I'll be taking at least 2-3 headphones. Yes, at least one mustl have ANC for the plane, and spouse's TV watching in the hotel room. Right now I'm favoring the Apple Airpods Max, and the B&W PI7.

So headphone addicts what do you do for travel?

My inventory:

1. B&W PX7
2. B&W P9 (rigged with AudioQuest DragonFly Red DAC/Amp
3. B&W PI7 (earbuds)
4. Apple Airpods Max

Sources:

iPhone 11 Pro
Apple 2021 iPad Pro 12.9"

Sep 10, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #2 of 9
Your setup is more typical for travel. Now that CanJam@SoCal is back on schedule, there will be those with at least three full-size $1k+ and at least one $1k+ IEM to test out many DAC/Amps and stand-alone-amps, while throwing out their packed clothes into those dirty hotel dressers to use their rollable-luggage for full-size transport throughout the event. :wink:

Sep 10, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #3 of 9
Your setup is more typical for travel. Now that CanJam@SoCal is back on schedule, there will be those with at least three full-size $1k+ and at least one $1k+ IEM to test out many DAC/Amps and stand-alone-amps, while throwing out their packed clothes into those dirty hotel dressers to use their rollable-luggage for full-size transport throughout the event. :wink:
The rolling luggage set-up people are Headphone Gods! Me, I guess I'm a Sprite🧚‍♂️ I do miss my Mojo DAC/Amp and have been thinking about getting another one.

Oct 3, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #5 of 9
I have taken a portable DAC/amp with me on airplane traveling but typically I don’t do that.

Usually when I’m traveling I’m busy and don’t have hours of down time to listen to music.

If I were on a business trip then yes I would probably take a portable rig since commonly business travelers stay in their hotel rooms and don’t go out that much for recreational sightseeing, etc…

Oct 3, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #6 of 9
For car road trips, I listen to a bunch of albums through my car speakers. I mostly travel alone and to be honest, my cheap stock car sound system is actually pretty good enough.

In my opinion it’s a better way to listen to music because there is no ear fatigue and almost no danger of hearing damage. Much safer for the ears.

Oct 8, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #7 of 9
I have been known to take my Walkman WM1A and Noble Encore IEMs out. Anymore though I’m pretty happy with just an IPod Touch and a set of qdc V3 IEMs. I really like small and low weight when traveling? The sound is totally important too, and somehow the sound of my smaller portable rig works for me. So no I don’t take multiple headphone around? I keep a good portion of my stuff at home in a fireproof safe, of all places.....lol.

Dec 29, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #9 of 9
I bring at least a DAP/dongle + smartphone and some IEMs during travelling (in a hard case). Well at least 3 IEMs to be precise haha, music is very important personally!

For travel purposes, I feel IEMs are kind of more portable than headphones, and take up less space, but yeah if one has the space to carry headphones, why not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back