Who here is a high school audiophile?
Oct 26, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #721 of 1,284
Wow, surprised at what gears are showing up in this thread.

Oct 26, 2011 at 5:19 AM Post #722 of 1,284

Quote:
yes subpar. if i don't get a higher education i will make around at most $18 an hour. that is barely enough to live off of. and to start i only get paid $10 an hour.

$3000+ for a starting job with just a bach degree is pretty standard.
You're not going to start off with a $5000 paycheck every month, you have to work your way up.
Plus, you don't need to be rich to live a happy life. 

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #723 of 1,284

Gear: Grado SR-125i
Audio-Technica ATH-6D
MTPC
Fiio E9&E7

Oct 26, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #724 of 1,284

Quote:

Gear: Grado SR-125i
Audio-Technica ATH-6D
MTPC
Fiio E9&E7

Hrm, I thought you were in your 20's, not to be creepy--I may be thinking of someone else though.

And I have one more year of membership in this club!

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #726 of 1,284
About a 1/4 way through senior year here in the US.
College: Applications sent in, most likely will go to Virginia Tech for EE (woot!)
Trying to get the Stokes scholarship from the NSA (google search) (I'm certainly qualified, plus, I've got 1/4 Mexican minority status on my side!)

Anyway, gear:
ATH-M50
Headroom Total Bithead
(Tangent) Cmoy I just built
ATH-CKM50

Yea, not much now, but I'd rather save my money for actually *gasp* buying music than on gear at this point. I have enough to listen through until I actually have a job...

Nov 14, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #727 of 1,284

Quote:
$3000+ for a starting job with just a bach degree is pretty standard.
You're not going to start off with a $5000 paycheck every month, you have to work your way up.
Plus, you don't need to be rich to live a happy life. 

Just thought i would post an update. I am making $1400 a month currently. $700 goes to rent which includes cable, Internet, and utilities. About $200 goes to food every month. $70 goes to my phone bill (i own an iphone). $45 a month goes to my bus pass (busing is cheaper then driving) and whatever is left over i get to buy whatever i want with.

So 1400
    _   45

I will have $385 for audio equipment every month.

I get my college paid for through grants, scholarships, and bursaries, and since i qualify as disabled (stupid aspergers, or is this good in this situation) I get medical, dental, and extra benefits paid for. I start my bach of arts courses in January. Will be taking political science, history, and English. I was going to take economics but i decided 4 courses would be to hard when i am balancing both a job and school.

And BTW $3000 a month is a lot of money to me. I can live quite modestly off of that.

Nov 22, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #731 of 1,284
I own two things:

Yuin PK2's, which need recabling
Acoustibud earbud covers, which are currently on some iPod headphones I found on the floor, to make the noise they make slightly bearable. Shown in my avatar picture.

These are the only working pieces of equipment I own.

Siggy still applies :/

Can't believe I have to make 15 posts+wait 30 days just to post a WTB classified. I've been here many times. The only reason why I made an account was so I could make a post. The fact that I can't is infuriating.

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #732 of 1,284
Quote:
I own two things:

Yuin PK2's, which need recabling
Acoustibud earbud covers, which are currently on some iPod headphones I found on the floor, to make the noise they make slightly bearable. Shown in my avatar picture.

These are the only working pieces of equipment I own.

Siggy still applies :/

Can't believe I have to make 15 posts+wait 30 days just to post a WTB classified. I've been here many times. The only reason why I made an account was so I could make a post. The fact that I can't is infuriating.

Dont think about it as a punishment nor having to get your post count up. Be natural like i am, and just reply and state your opinion. That's how you make friends in life, not glancing over people and following them, sometimes in life, maybe not everybody, you have to be the leader, not the follower.

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #733 of 1,284
Don't I need 15 posts or something?

Sure sounds like I have to get my post count up.

In all honesty, I'm probably going to buy some $20 pair off of Amazon, since this is the second time I've been on here in at least a month. Seeing as how I'm 17 with no job, the money I'll have by May, when I turn 18, will be all I will get until next year. Even the $50 pair I wanted to get is looking pretty steep.

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #734 of 1,284

Quote:
Don't I need 15 posts or something?

Sure sounds like I have to get my post count up.

In all honesty, I'm probably going to buy some $20 pair off of Amazon, since this is the second time I've been on here in at least a month. Seeing as how I'm 17 with no job, the money I'll have by May, when I turn 18, will be all I will get until next year. Even the $50 pair I wanted to get is looking pretty steep.

Yes, its either 15 or 30 and 30 days. Im 15 and look at my gear, dont skip and get ****. Your 18, and be mature so you can get yourself something that will last. What are you going for? The common Skullcandies? Dude, those are the best!
basshead.gif
angry_face.gif

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #735 of 1,284
I want some of those audio technica clip-ons because they look comfortable and solid, in-ears falling out was an issue, but they were discontinued back in '09 and I can't find a stock of them anywhere

actually, I heard some skull candies

didn't like them

heard some sony MDR-v150

weren't the best things, but the people around me heard just as much as I did, so I couldn't use them

bought PK2's with acoustibuds

loved them, nobody could ever say they heard my music, even on full blast; sitting next to me.

"save up for them" implies an income

My 'budget' for this year is ~$125, assuming I get money for christmas

My needs are $250: graphics card, headphones, PSU

the graphics card is an urgent need as it's causing my computer to bluescreen almost constantly, but not one I can afford period this christmas if at all

as a matter of fact my computer bluescreened in between this post and my last one

better print more money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back