Who here is a high school audiophile?
Jul 12, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #706 of 1,284

Quote:
that is a hell of an uni. I've worked with quite a few people who graduated from there, mostly at Minning Engineering.

do you mean that in a good way or a bad way.  i have heard bad things about ubc

oh and involving center for arts and technology.
ya reviews are nothing but complaints about sub par teaching and outdated software and hardware. but apparently their audio engineering is their only decent course. but i don't think it is worth $30 000 for 2 years.

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #709 of 1,284

Quote:
I meant it in a very good way.

now that Center for arts and technology is off the list i am thinking of applying at memorial university of newfoundland. it's publicly owned and cheaper. plus it has a solid reputation.

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #711 of 1,284

Quote:

now that Center for arts and technology is off the list i am thinking of applying at memorial university of newfoundland. it's publicly owned and cheaper. plus it has a solid reputation.

what you need to do is to backpack europe for 2 years, study is overrated, you can do it later.

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #712 of 1,284

Quote:
what you need to do is to backpack europe for 2 years, study is overrated, you can do it later.

i have a limit of 90 years of life. im not going to waste it with a sub par job. (though when i think about it, living debt free sounds fantastic)

Europe does sound fantastic though.

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #713 of 1,284

Quote:
i have a limit of 90 years of life. im not going to waste it with a sub par job. (though when i think about it, living debt free sounds fantastic)

Europe does sound fantastic though.

sub par job? you can study later. what's the hurry? only if you are thinking to get a wife and start poping out kids soon.

stay free until you get bored.

http://www.couchsurfing.org/

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #714 of 1,284

Quote:

sub par job? you can study later. what's the hurry? only if you are thinking to get a wife and start poping out kids soon.

stay free until you get bored.

http://www.couchsurfing.org/

yes subpar. if i don't get a higher education i will make around at most $18 an hour. that is barely enough to live off of. and to start i only get paid $10 an hour.

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #715 of 1,284

Quote:
yes subpar. if i don't get a higher education i will make around at most $18 an hour. that is barely enough to live off of. and to start i only get paid $10 an hour.

why would it be a subpar job, is not like your not ging to the uni, you are just delaying it a couple of years 
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #716 of 1,284

Quote:
why would it be a subpar job, is not like your not ging to the uni, you are just delaying it a couple of years 
biggrin.gif

perhaps your right. maybe i should take a few years to raise money and just enjoy life.

Jul 13, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #718 of 1,284

Quote:
don't listen to him, go to college.

now if i listen to you it's going to seem like im taking orders.

let me put it this way. when i get out to the east coast then i will sign up for college. currently nothing good is available where i live now.

Jul 13, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #719 of 1,284

Grade: Senior now - still haven't figured out where I want to go for college

Equipment: (I relatively recently got into this hobby) PX-100, Shure SRH 750DJ, DT 770 Pro 80, ATH-M50, PROline 900, AKG k601. The only amp I currently have in my possession is the E5 - the Arrow is taking its sweet time getting here. My 5g Ipod Classic will be traded tomorrow as I will be trading it for either a UDAC-2 or the new Digizoid product. I hope to purchase the LCD-2's around the time I graduate next year.

Oct 17, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #720 of 1,284
Grade: 12
Equipment: Mac Pro-->Cardas Clear USB cable (1.5m)-->Schiit Bifrost with Signal Power cord-->Burson HA160 with Signal Power Cord--> Denon AH-D7000. I also have the Ultimate Ears 5 Pro, the custom in ear monitors. Not bad for a senior in high school!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back