Who here is a high school audiophile?
Jan 19, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #287 of 1,284
14 years old, first year in highschool. My stuff is mostly entry-level, but I've slowly been ramping up to (and lusting for) more and more expensive equipment. So far:
Shure SRH440
Panasonic RP-HTX7 - first 'real' headphones, a great value after a simple tape mod
Sennheiser PX100
Etymotic ER6 - first IEMs which probably shaped my audio tastes in treble detail
Monster Turbine - wanted to try a bassier sound, and was not disappointed.
NuForce Icon Mobile - really brings out detail and separation, especially with my ER6s. Since I got it a week ago, I've been opened up to the world of headphone amps. I'm looking to upgrade to a better amp or DAC, but that probably won't happen anytime soon as they tend to be more expensive. Still a great value at $99.

Feb 20, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #289 of 1,284
Try making others listen to your headphones. The Skullcandy-toting guy in my class might be a bit skeptical now, but I don't think he can bring himself to admit my PX100s (which are half the price of his SKs) rape his headphones in terms of sound quality.

Feb 20, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #290 of 1,284
I'm quite poor, people around me are constantly showing off their many cellphones, multiple iPods, new garments and all kinds of bags and accessories. And all I got is 3 grand worth of audio gear that don't even sound better than the iBuds. Poor poor poor poor poor.

Feb 21, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #291 of 1,284
Age 14!!

headphones/iem
IE8
PXC 350
HD 595
Shure se115
Shure se 210
Sony mdrnc22

source:
macbook pro 13
vaio notebook
ipod touch 32 fb
blackberry storm 2

amplifier
Musical paradise amplifier

equalizer
behringer mini fbq

Feb 21, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #292 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats!....wow!..you kids/guys have some serious gear...May I ask how do you manage? summer jobs? birthday gifts? Although I should not say anything...I bought me a Rolex when I was 15.....It cost me all my savings at ths time: 600 bucks!

My dad is also an audiophile so he gave me some of his gears and bought some for me. I dont mean to brag but my family owns a big business is kinda rich
tongue.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #294 of 1,284
grade:I graduated from high school and I am now in university,engineering and will finish on June.next year I will major in electrical engineering due to my passion for circuits,technology...
Gears:see my sig and a woo6+Sophia tube is coming.my parents never pay for my gears,I save and buy.I think I am done here,no more gears.

Mar 6, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #295 of 1,284
Gear: Hackintoshed Dell Mini 10v, Zune HD, no portable amp as of yet, Klipsch Image S4, Shure SE115, and [soon] Shure SE310
More of a music appreciator rather than a hardcore hardware audiophile, but sound quality matters; but I hope to move to better amps/speakers soon.

Mar 7, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #298 of 1,284
Just turned 16, currently in yr 11, about to do my IGCSE exam. Then after that, it's ....argh....IB....

Even since I bought my portapro (i was 14 at that time), apart from studying and doing teenagers stuffs I spent my time on head-fi researching. Manage to saved nearly 700$, then I begin to buy stuff (mostly from the for sale section). Started with the Westone 3(a HUGE leap from the porta),then I got my Ibasso D4 and MTPG. And soon my aunt will be back from the US with the IE8 as my birthday present(told her to buy it from ecost).

The hard thing is, I have to keep lying to my parents about how much my gear cost. I told my mom that the Westone 3 cost 45$...and the D4 was a fancy looking hard drive. I don't know (and certainly don't want to) how she will erupts if she finds out about it.

Gonna go back to the saving money phase soon, part-time jobs are slow money....

Mar 7, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #300 of 1,284
^ It will always happen. Once you're in uni, you end up working as well as studying and your parents will just give up on you. My mum doesn't even bother asking how much my stuff costs. She's lost all hope. When you're married, you still make up the price
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back