Who here is a high school audiophile?
Jun 15, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #92 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's a group? I mean what does it do?

Well a group is a group. Its just... To be part of a collective I guess. If you look at my profile you can see the groups I'm in. For instance, Team Grado, Team Audio-Technica, Broke-Fi, etc.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 15, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #94 of 1,284
Jun 15, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #95 of 1,284
Jun 16, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #96 of 1,284
Neither did the person who started the group.

Jun 16, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #97 of 1,284
Grade: 11th going to 12th in September
tongue.gif

Gear: This is my usual portable rig, RE2>Fiio E5>Cowon S9, then I also have Pioneer SE-M290, and Marshmallows(Kramer Mod)

I have finals starting Wednesday and stress is already building up, so I won't be here as much. Then I also have summer school for 3 weeks (5 hours a day), I just hope it'll be at least tolerable.

Jun 16, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #98 of 1,284
Is summer school mandatory? If not, why do you go there? Wouldn't you rather just have fun with friends or work?

Jun 16, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #99 of 1,284

Already in 1st year college, but that's because my educational system is different from others. Got my equipment when I was 4th year high school BTW.

Equipment: Read my sig. I love my HD 555's even though practically EVERYONE in my campus has the SkullCandy... such poor saps.

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #100 of 1,284

Grade: Finishing 11th...

Equipment: Currently AD700s/X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro
This Summer: with my paid internship, I'll be able to snag (hopefully) a K702, DT770, Shure SE530, and Energy RC-10 speakers+NuForce Icon Amp...

And a killer PC rig (i7 Q9200+Geforce GTX 275)

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #101 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was in high school once (1970-1974 polyester and bellbottoms) and was an audiophile. Gear was a Realistic tape deck and a huge pr of closed hps that I would take to school and listen during study hall and those classes that would let me use them.

Careful HC .. your age is showing. Bellbottoms, the BIG ones, are back in style. Too funny. Wish I hadn't thrown all those away. These guys are doing way better with gear than I did or most I knew back then. The gear is way better and way cooler.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #102 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Careful HC .. your age is showing. Bellbottoms, the BIG ones, are back in style. Too funny. Wish I hadn't thrown all those away. These guys are doing way better with gear than I did or most I knew back then. The gear is way better and way cooler.
smily_headphones1.gif

Wut?

You silly fashion people, I'll stick to my short-ish shorts.

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #103 of 1,284
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wut?

You silly fashion people, I'll stick to my short-ish shorts.

Naaa ... not fashion. Just an easy way to sweep while walking and *may* help to slow down your fall if kicked out of a plane.
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #104 of 1,284
I also totally missed this thread. I found Head-Fi at age thirteen while seeking an upgrade to a set of Sennheiser PXC-300s (I think). Someone recommended I try Grado's, so I bought a pair of SR-60s from TTVJ sometime in early eight grade. Truth be told, I didn't like them: the midrange seemed harsh and unbalanced; the treble piercing. I desperately wanted RS-1s, though, for all the wrong reasons.

On my fourteenth birthday, my dad drove me to a meet in NYC, where I heard Grado's finest and a bunch of other high end headphones for the first time. I was instantly captivated an astounded; I couldn't believe that my SR-60s and this particular pair of RS-1s were made by the same company. Needless to say, I left that meet with a passion and a purchase list.

With a part time job and some diligence, I bought a set of RS-1s and flats from TTVJ around the end of eight grade; and a few months after that, an EAR+ HD. Some sort of high end source was next on my "to-do list," but then I discovered my passion for photography, which ate money faster than I anticipated.

I'm now sixteen, and with my camera setup virtually complete I'm considering a return to a more serious side of this audio hobby. I guess we'll see what junior year has in store for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back