Who here is a high school audiophile?
Oct 22, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #1,219 of 1,284
Modded Sony CD changer -> Deckware preamp -> Deckware power amp -> LCD-2

The LCD-2 sound like a popular choice. I totally understand. It took up way too much of my time at the last head-fi meet I attended.

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #1,220 of 1,284
Too bad it has severe weight issues both distribution-wise and in general.

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #1,222 of 1,284
I didn't have too much of a problem with it. Of course, the only headphone I have had weight issues with was the HE-400.

Lucky you then, it's a wonderful-sounding pair of cans and it's good that you can enjoy it 
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #1,223 of 1,284

okay so the speakers is in my room for and i listened to theme and i love them, they sound like the Q701 i have (no really, they have the same sound signature)
but the morel solan doing everything better than the Q701, although the Q701 still sound awesome even compare to this speakers (that costs 1250EUR... xD)

BTW i have a nice little 12" subwoofer behind me:

the model is mirage FRX-s12, actually its from the 5.1 system we have at home but my dad don't really cares if there is subwoofer or not so i took it
biggrin.gif

interesting that there isn't any reviews on the morel solan, morel is a well known company and has a good name and this speakers sound great...

You know that speaker placement and room treatment/acoustic properties of your room are extremely important for speakers, right? I'm not sure placing that setup in the middle of your room is the best idea. Judging from those pictures you posted your room is quite small for the size of those speakers, getting a smaller bookshelf speaker system might be better, or one of those bluetooth/airplay speakers. But whatever floats your boat.

Oct 23, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #1,224 of 1,284
  You know that speaker placement and room treatment/acoustic properties of your room are extremely important for speakers, right? I'm not sure placing that setup in the middle of your room is the best idea. Judging from those pictures you posted your room is quite small for the size of those speakers, getting a smaller bookshelf speaker system might be better, or one of those bluetooth/airplay speakers. But whatever floats your boat.

The chair does seem like the focal point of where the speakers should bring sound to, though. I'm no speakerphile, though, so I really don't have an idea.

Oct 24, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #1,226 of 1,284

the speakers are little to big for this room, but from what i know i don't need huge room to get the best out of theme.
i tried theme on 3.5X3.7 room (my room is 3.7X3.5 too but i have closet and i can put theme only 2 meters from each other), the speaker sounded really good but in my room they still sound good.
i will get acoustic panels for theme soon.
floatsmile.png
 . will try to move theme to see where where is the sweetest spot in the room.
don't think i will replace theme, they have exactly what i was looking for, the only thing that be replace in the setup is the reciver to stereo amp, the Onkyo 607 is just not good enough for theme.
thanks for the tips. 
  In regards to the above setup, I would probably place the speakers a little closer to the wall and ditch the subwoofer, then angle them to perfectly face the chair. If I insisted on using the sub, i would place it in front of the chair.

will check it, thanks
returned the subwoofer, the morel got all the bass i need.

Oct 27, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #1,228 of 1,284
Ninth grade. Before that, I bought myself some Skullcandy Hesh, and really enjoyed them. After visiting a cousin and listening to his Beats Studios, I knew there was more for me out there. Many researches later (this is early 2012) I settled on, as many others did, the Audio Technica ATH-M50. When they arrived, I was dancing around my room in delight at the newfound clarity and power that hi-fi can put into music. Grado SR80i's came next, closely followed by the PA2v2 amp. I fell in love with the Grado sound, and went through Sennheiser Momentum on-ears (eck), Hifiman HE-400 (delicious, but a little too closed and heavy), and Beyerdynamic DT990s. After my ears came to appreciate the hot treble of the DT990, I knew I'd found a keeper. I got rid of the Momentum as quickly as eBay would take them from me, and cried a tear when I sold my M50. I sold the SR80i to a good friend, along with the PA2v2. My current setup is a PS1, a JDS Labs O2, and the DT990. I have no real need to upgrade, but if I were to make another purchase, it might be to re-buy the SR80 (now in the 'e' model), try the AKG K702, or make a step up the Beyer ladder to the T90. Of course, money is tight, so that won't happen for a while. But I'm happy where I'm at.

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #1,229 of 1,284
  Just a random question, but when about did you guys start looking into nicer headphones, and other hifi pieces of equipment? :O

I started very early this year/late last year in ninth grade as well. Like most, I wanted the ATH-M50. I went to Guitar Center to buy them, but they only had the long straight cable version (and it wasn't the M50x) so I did some last minute research in the store and picked up the Shure SRH440. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back