Who here is a high school audiophile?
Dec 31, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #781 of 1,284
lol like the desire to pop on the headphones during a long and boring test?

ALMOST did this during my self-conducted mock SATs once. Was doing the critical reading section and, I kid you not, the passage had audio and headphones in it. I had to resist the urge...

In my school people wear their Beats over hair. Sadly two minuses don't make a plus in this case ):

Dec 31, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #783 of 1,284
lol like the desire to pop on the headphones during a long and boring test?:p

and when girls they try my headphones they wear it on top of their hair, i seriously think that is going to affect the sound quality....

Haha, luckily my teachers let me play with my phone if I get done really early on tests...
I don't like taking my GR07s to school either. One of the teachers tried to cut the cable on my friend's ibuds for listening in his class. For some reason I don't want that to happen to my GR07s...

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #784 of 1,284
Quote:
Haha, luckily my teachers let me play with my phone if I get done really early on tests...
I don't like taking my GR07s to school either. One of the teachers tried to cut the cable on my friend's ibuds for listening in his class. For some reason I don't want that to happen to my GR07s...

cutting the wire?? that's evil!
eek.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #785 of 1,284
I had a teacher once who destroyed a guys disposable camera for playing with it during history, not as expensive as some IEMs but THAT was pure evil. He took it, smashed it on the floor, jumped on top of it, stomped on it more, then kicked it outside the room lol

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #786 of 1,284
Quote:

Shouldn't be listening to music in class. The teacher might be overreacting, but your friend was being disrespectful. My old geography teacher used to make people who were caught out in class 3 times in one term(semester) run the local half marathon. Admittedly it only worked because the parents were supportive of her (hilarious) disciplinary measures.

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #787 of 1,284
Shouldn't be listening to music in class. The teacher might be overreacting, but your friend was being disrespectful. My old geography teacher used to make people who were caught out in class 3 times in one term(semester) run the local half marathon. Admittedly it only worked because the parents were supportive of her (hilarious) disciplinary measures.

Haha wow, that sounds like a wonderfully evil idea!

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #788 of 1,284

Eat a lot in preparation -> Run a half marathon -> lose a lot of weight -> become really hungry -> have to eat a lot more -> have to spend more money on food -> less money for audio gear!

Evil indeed...

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #789 of 1,284
Quote:
Eat a lot in preparation -> Run a half marathon -> lose a lot of weight -> become really hungry -> have to eat a lot more -> have to spend more money on food -> less money for audio gear!
Evil indeed...

i like the way you think
tongue.gif

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #790 of 1,284
I owned a HD800, burson HA-160 and a DAC19DSP since i was around 16/17. I've been one of the lucky few

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #791 of 1,284
Well, this thread seems like the best way to introduce myself here...
*warms up for first post*

I am 17 years of age as of right now, I am in 12th grade, and I own a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 880s (250 ohms) running through an ASUS Xonar DGX PCI-E x1 sound card and amp. I bought a Fiio E7 for when I would be away for a long time, but the battery was faulty, so I had to RMA it. Still waiting. This is my first setup with actual high-grade headphones, and I am quite pleased. I look forward to posting more and getting to know everyone... right after I figure out how to add info to my profile...

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #794 of 1,284
You lot have better gear than I did when I was a high schooler. I think I only had the Denon AH-C551 and 751 with a Creative X-fi DAP. Can't remember How old I was though. 12-14 or so? Putting into context, I'm 21 now.

I spent most of money on books back then(decent ones, I have a signed 1st editon copy of the Simarillion in my collection, which is something like 1000ish books in the fantasy and sci-fi genres with some others). Good times.

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #795 of 1,284
Quote:
Well, this thread seems like the best way to introduce myself here...
*warms up for first post*

I am 17 years of age as of right now, I am in 12th grade, and I own a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 880s (250 ohms) running through an ASUS Xonar DGX PCI-E x1 sound card and amp. I bought a Fiio E7 for when I would be away for a long time, but the battery was faulty, so I had to RMA it. Still waiting. This is my first setup with actual high-grade headphones, and I am quite pleased. I look forward to posting more and getting to know everyone... right after I figure out how to add info to my profile...

Welcome to Head-fi!
Sorry about your wallet...
Quote:
How is everyone here so young yet so rich..

I earned all of my money for audio gear by helping people with computer problems. That and I save up holiday/birthday money to spend on headphones. Though I don't believe I'll be upgrading from my current setup any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back