Who here has Cambridge Audio D500 SE ?
Jul 2, 2001 at 11:31 PM Post #31 of 45
Hooray !

DCm370 arrived about 1pm earlier as I expected.
smily_headphones1.gif

I want to give big Kudos to the store I bought this player from. It came packaged very good. Their price was also great. My long research on what store to buy from has paid off better than I expected ( price+service)

Tons of those foam peanuts inside the big box. Dcm370 was nicely sitting inside with its own Denon box. ( My UPS seem to be better than Jude's * Box corners ? what's that ?* UPS
tongue.gif

Listening to the Gladiator Soundtrack as I am typing this. Grreat stuff !!!

The 5 Disc tray still scares me a little ( first CD changer) But I think I will get over it really fast ~!
biggrin.gif

Tides

Jul 3, 2001 at 4:18 AM Post #33 of 45
Bootman,

Thanks but I am not going to click on them for *obvious reasons*
wink.gif
DOnt want to end up with 2 cd players lol~!
eek.gif

I will read it later this week
smily_headphones1.gif

Tides

Jul 3, 2001 at 5:00 AM Post #35 of 45
Nope, didnt read it ( yet)

Kr...~ I have the most bang for my buck about 2 feet away from me TYVM =)

Also I forgot to thankyou guys for the inputs on my decision before,

So thanks to everyone that helped ~!!

My Cambridge resistance attempt was futile, and I have been assimiliated by Denon Borgs...
eek.gif

... so..

Add one to Team Denon 370 now
cool.gif

Resistance is Futile

Tides

Jul 8, 2001 at 6:51 AM Post #36 of 45
Tides, congratulations on your new player. I for one can guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

Enjoy!
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. Please let us know your thoughts on the DCM-370 after you have had a chance to give it a good listen.

Jul 8, 2001 at 12:00 PM Post #37 of 45
mmm.. this Denon 370 thing is getting way out of hand!
wink.gif

Everytime someone asks for a CDP recommendation its 370, 370, 370!!
I mean the Denon sounds pretty good FOR THE MONEY, but it's nothing special. Sure the HDCD feature is pretty cool but how many HDCD's do you own? And I wouldn't care much for the carousel either. For that money or just a little bit more you can also buy the Marantz CD6000 or a Cambridge Audio which sound MUCH better!

Anywayz.. Tides have fun with your new CDP! I just wanted you guys to know there are alternatives out there.
tongue.gif

Jul 8, 2001 at 1:04 PM Post #38 of 45
Yup, I am really enjoying my 370 =)

It has been on for about 8 hours PER DAY since I received it !

I am sure JMT loves his too !

For the price I paid, I am extremely EXTREMELY satisfy with it.

Please spare me of *other* recommendations for now
rolleyes.gif

It will be a while till I upgrade my CDP
tongue.gif

Really a great CDP @ the price I found $198.xx dollars brand new. It does HDCD too ! =)

370+xcanv2+hd600 totally gels together for me here. Great stuff! Internet Surfing has never been the same since I discovered Headwize
cool.gif
Althought My wallet also took quite a big hit..
eek.gif

But it is alllllll good
smily_headphones1.gif

Tides

PS. My Girlfriend asked me the price of Hd600 and xcanv2,
I just said about 80 bucks each ($160 total), and she tho I was nuts
wink.gif
LMAO~!
I wonder if she will find it amusing when I tell her the REAL prices of hd600 and xcanv2 ........... which is slightly under $260 EACH BAHAHAHAHAAAaa
rolleyes.gif

eek.gif
confused.gif
mad.gif
<-- My prediction of her facial expression in that order

Jul 8, 2001 at 3:22 PM Post #39 of 45
Quote:

Tides wrote:
I am sure JMT loves his too !

I do, it is a great bang for the buck. I, however did click on the link. So far, I have managed to resist the 500se but I have gone back twice to the retailer where I auditioned the NAD 541. How do I convince my non-audio wife that we really need three CD players (I still have my old Sony hooked up to my outdoor system)?

PS: When I say old, it is 3 months old.

Jul 8, 2001 at 3:36 PM Post #40 of 45
Quote:

PS: When I say old, it is 3 months old.

Three [size=medium]WHOLE[/size] months without a new CD player? That's... crazy talk!
eek.gif

Besides, with the 500se, you'll be getting an hi-fi cd player instead of a mid-fi ones like the other two you have
grins.gif

Jul 8, 2001 at 4:35 PM Post #41 of 45
Quote:

you'll be getting an hi-fi cd player instead of a mid-fi ones like the other two you have

Ok, I'll try that logic with her.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2001 at 4:33 AM Post #44 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
So far, I have managed to resist the 500se but I have gone back twice to the retailer where I auditioned the NAD 541.

I think the NAD C541 is an excellent sounding player for the money. Do be careful, though, as it seems there may be a problem with its random access ability with some of their units. I bought two units that both suffered from the random access problem. On AudioReview, when I last checked, there were two other reviewers who also had the exact same problem I experienced.

The store's demo unit worked fine, but the two I bought didn't. I'm sure there are plenty of C541's without the problem, but do watch for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back