Who here has a Terratec EWX 24/96?
Jun 2, 2004 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 10
I've got the M-Audio Audiophile 24/96, which is similar in many ways (except it has SPDIF out rather than optical)... the DAC on the card is identical to the Terratec. I use the analog outputs to an amp (and am pleased enough with the SQ).

pbirkett has the Terratec, and I believe he uses the analog outs on his card.

Jun 5, 2004 at 10:47 PM Post #6 of 10
I use an AOS Piccolo DAC with my Terratec EWX 2496. The 2496 was a very nice step up from my previous Audigy 2 soundcard. Using the Piccolo DAC is a worthwhile step up from using the analog audio out from the 2496. Take a look at the rigs in my sig for the details of how I use the Piccolo.

Jun 5, 2004 at 11:07 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack
I use an AOS Piccolo DAC with my Terratec EWX 2496. The 2496 was a very nice step up from my previous Audigy 2 soundcard. Using the Piccolo DAC is a worthwhile step up from using the analog audio out from the 2496. Take a look at the rigs in my sig for the details of how I use the Piccolo.

Purely out of curiosity, what improvements do you hear with the AOS DAC over the analog outs --> amp?

Jun 5, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Purely out of curiosity, what improvements do you hear with the AOS DAC over the analog outs --> amp?

Tighter bass, more detail and translucence in tone throughout the acoustic spectrum, better separation of voices, more coherence in the presentation of the spatial aspect of the sound.

Jun 6, 2004 at 12:45 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack
Tighter bass, more detail and translucence in tone throughout the acoustic spectrum, better separation of voices, more coherence in the presentation of the spatial aspect of the sound.

Sounds like the smae kind of advantages that the EMU has
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back