Who Here Has A Tattoo? Pics?
Jun 7, 2004 at 1:04 PM Post #61 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
I got a tattoo when I was 25 or so. Left bicep, an Oriental style dragon. It is very faded now, 20 years later. I should have it re-colored. I still like it very much.

cool.gif
I have something similar but more celtic style inside my right forearm.

I've scanned it as I'm without a digital camera, now how do I upload it for posting?

Anyone...tell me how.

Jun 7, 2004 at 1:33 PM Post #62 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman
I'm still trying to trace our history in Scotland. No definitive clan ties for me as of yet, but we do have a history in Northumbria (mom's side) and my dad's side in the lowlands around Dumfries/Kilmarnock area. Alot of folks in that area now with our last name. We'll be heading to Scotland next June for two weeks, and I hope to pick up a nice kilt that I can wear while hill walking.
wink.gif

Spaceman, you should find out your clan before going: that way you can get a kilt in your clan colours..
wink.gif

The Douglases are predominently lowland, too and funny enough the castle of our ancestors is Threave Castle in.....Dumfries...
smily_headphones1.gif

Here's an photograph of Threave Castle (or what's left) which I took last time I visited:

threave-o-threave-68276.jpg

For photo enthusiasts, this was one of the very first shots I ever took (the first roll) with a Leica M6 TTL & 35mm Summicron ASPH. It was shot on black and white Kodak BW 400-2 but scanned as colour film which produced this ghostly green hue. No other Photoshop technique was used except for a very fine crop.

Jun 7, 2004 at 1:37 PM Post #63 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
cool.gif
I have something similar but more celtic style inside my right forearm.

I've scanned it as I'm without a digital camera, now how do I upload it for posting?

Anyone...tell me how.

You need to host it somewhere first. Most members here use Photobucket which is free and easy to use. Once you've uploaded your picture, right click on it, copy the url to your mouse and use that to post your image using the reply editor here.
If it's just one image send it to me via email and I'll post it for you..
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2004 at 2:02 PM Post #64 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
For photo enthusiasts, this was one of the very first shots I ever took (the first roll) with a Leica M6 TTL & 35mm Summicron ASPH. It was shot on black and white Kodak BW 400-2 but scanned as colour film which produced this ghostly green hue. No other Photoshop technique was used except for a very fine crop.

Beautiful shot. Absolutely Beautiful camera. Leica -drool-drool !!! e-mail sent

Jun 7, 2004 at 2:05 PM Post #65 of 95
OK, here's the image eyeteeth asked me to post for him:

tat2.jpg

Jun 7, 2004 at 2:11 PM Post #66 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
OK, here's the image eyeteeth asked me to post for him:

Fantastic, thanks ipodstudio!!!

That tattoo is About 3 inches long, just below the elbow on the inside of my right forearm. The discoloration is just the scanner, I'm not a burn victim.

Jun 7, 2004 at 3:51 PM Post #67 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
Fantastic, thanks ipodstudio!!!

I'm not a burn victim.

You're welcome! ...and I thought that was fire bellowing from the dragon's mouth..
icon10.gif

EDIT: ..or serpant's mouth..
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2004 at 4:43 PM Post #68 of 95
Tattoos are fine, but I personaly wouldnt get one for few reasos.
a) the re-making it once in a while b) the skin probem and c) Scars, they make tatoos look wierd, even if re-done.

I my self somehow seem to get scars very easily, dont know why. Every litle scartch seems to leave one and be with me for next 5 years until it fades litlebit.
I have concidered getting hands tattooed, but I will probaly get Burn or Scar tattoo someday. Both technics are limited to very simplificated pictures what works fine for me. www.bodymodifications.net is fine place if you want to know what kind of stuff there is (warning, there are some not son nice photos, about modifications under proces)

Jun 7, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #69 of 95
I have no tatoos yet, but am considering this one:
Jason's%20Tatoo%20(alternate).bmp

What do you think? I will probably get the artist to redraw it with a little less detail in the face and a little more on the back, spines, etc... Do you think it would look best in black lines, or should it be coloured? What about shading? Oh, and I was thinking to get it on my right bicept/shoulder almost like a cap... or perhaps on my back on my left shoulder blade...

My wife has 2 tatoos... not sure if we have pics of them... I'll look and see... the first is a thick outline of a heart in the center of her back and the second is a emily strange cat on her right calf... I love them both of course
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2004 at 7:35 PM Post #71 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by genetic
This thread has definitively the potential to become my all time favorite...
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Mine too...
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2004 at 7:46 PM Post #72 of 95
philodox, that is a very good sleeping dragon. When you have it redrawn consider taking out some of the detail around the dragon also. It took a bit to figure out exactley what it was because of that background. Make sure wife knows who is here gawking over pictures of her tattoos before posting them.
icon10.gif

Since eyeteeth posted a shot of his, I thought I better post a picture of my antique tattoo. It is high enough that I don't get a tan up there any more.
tattoo.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Jun 7, 2004 at 8:02 PM Post #73 of 95
lol... well, I will have to harass her to get the pics in the first place... so I'm sure that she wont let me post anything too revealing
wink.gif

thanks for the ideas Mr. PD... do you think I should get rid of the celtic detailing or the outside circles? or should I just get them redrawn? I guess if it was just the dragon it would look pretty cool...

where is edwood? we need some photoshoping!
biggrin.gif

[Edit: oh, btw, I like your tatoo as well... I've always liked the asian style dragons, but my wife does not... and well, I suppose it is a bit more fitting for me since I am an oldschool D&D geek...]

Jun 7, 2004 at 8:13 PM Post #74 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
lol... well, I will have to harass her to get the pics in the first place... so I'm sure that she wont let me post anything too revealing
wink.gif

thanks for the ideas Mr. PD... do you think I should get rid of the celtic detailing or the outside circles? or should I just get them redrawn? I guess if it was just the dragon it would look pretty cool...

where is edwood? we need some photoshoping!
biggrin.gif

[Edit: oh, btw, I like your tatoo as well... I've always liked the asian style dragons, but my wife does not... and well, I suppose it is a bit more fitting for me since I am an oldschool D&D geek...]

I would get rid of the celtic detailing. I had trouble making out the wings at first. As a tattoo, you really wouldn't even need them or the circle.
I like those celtic dragons better than the oriental ones now, but when I got this one I liked this style better. Actually, I like all dragons really well.
This one used to have red on the tail and yellow on the claws. It is really faded.
editeI had to dig out my Larry the cable guy style shirt to take this picture.
tongue.gif

Jun 8, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #75 of 95
Tatoos are best when original.
tattoo.jpg

Looks alot like...
pumashoes.jpg

Quote:

Next up I plan on getting a wing that appears to be coming out of my shoe on my left ankle.

Make sure it doesn't look like...
goodyear_logo.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back