Who has tried these?
Mar 29, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #4 of 8
They're a decent headphone. The KTX-Pro is the Koss brand version of the Radio Shack Pro35, which was on sale recently at Radio Shack for $19.99. Basically, they're KSC-75's with a pretty good quality headband. Unlike putting KSC-75 drivers on a PortaPro, though, the headband is fairly relaxed. So, the bass doesn't get boomy. The sound is remarkably consistent with a KSC-75.

So, if you want KSC-75 sound but can't stand the ear clips, these are what you want. I think the list price is something like $40, though. I'm not sure they're worth that much, but are a very good value at a lower price such as the recent Radio Shack sale.

EDIT: Oops - I hadn't looked at that Amazon listing - $12.25? I'd buy a couple at that price. They are well worth it.

Mar 29, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #5 of 8
Cool, i was thinking of buying those. I modded my old full size headphones and put my KSC75 drivers inside, so that's basically a porta pro. So are the KTX pro1s and the sportapros the same? how are they for running?

Mar 29, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by w33nie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, i was thinking of buying those. I modded my old full size headphones and put my KSC75 drivers inside, so that's basically a porta pro. So are the KTX pro1s and the sportapros the same? how are they for running?

My understanding is that the Porta Pro, SportaPro, and the KSC-35 drivers are all the same. Koss took the same drivers, coated them with Titanium, and made them the KTX-Pro1, KSC-55's (behind the head headband), and the KSC-75's.

Mar 30, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #8 of 8
Does anybody had compared them with the portapros???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back