Who has the most expensive setup around here?
Aug 23, 2003 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

.g.

New Head-Fier
confused.gif

Aug 23, 2003 at 5:10 AM Post #3 of 58
Nik. Hands down the most expensive thing around town. The new Manley amp was like $15K.

Aug 23, 2003 at 5:12 AM Post #4 of 58
Go here and see why.

Aug 23, 2003 at 5:55 AM Post #5 of 58
Jealousy, thats one of the seven deadly sins, yes?
wink.gif

Anyway... its pretty conclusive that Nik is WAAAAAAAAAAAY out there, and i'd hazard a guess that Jatinder is second in line, having a top of the line Stax, an Orpheus, and an MDR-R10 (I don't know what his electronics / amp are like, but if they match the headphones... gotta be good!!!

- But, after these two elite guys... who is in third place??

Aug 23, 2003 at 6:50 AM Post #6 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
wink.gif

Anyway... its pretty conclusive that Nik is WAAAAAAAAAAAY out there, and i'd hazard a guess that Jatinder is second in line, having a top of the line Stax, an Orpheus, and an MDR-R10 (I don't know what his electronics / amp are like, but if they match the headphones... gotta be good!!!

Probably kevin gilmore, hes got an original omega IIRC and a SCD-1 and his custom amp
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2003 at 6:57 AM Post #7 of 58
Nah, KG builds his own amps, so they are dirt cheap. Nik, OTOH, has those incredible ICs and PCs that cost somewhere around $5000 or so each. The Linn CD12 runs a cool $15-20K also. Jatinder might be close, but its a distant second.

Aug 23, 2003 at 7:37 AM Post #10 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Nik. Hands down the most expensive thing around town. The new Manley amp was like $15K.

MANLEY?????

Please Angstrom Research!

Best!
Nicola

Aug 23, 2003 at 7:42 AM Post #11 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
wink.gif

I do not remember that Jatinder has even the Stax, but just the Orpheus and R10/Angstrom.

Best!
Nicola

Aug 23, 2003 at 7:45 AM Post #12 of 58
Quote:

Nah, KG builds his own amps, so they are dirt cheap. Nik, OTOH, has those incredible ICs and PCs that cost somewhere around $5000 or so each. The Linn CD12 runs a cool $15-20K also. Jatinder might be close, but its a distant second.

About my cables:

Interconnect (1/2 m ): around 3500$ I have 1
Power cords (2 m): around 1500$ (each) I have 3

Best!
Nicola

Aug 23, 2003 at 9:24 AM Post #14 of 58
Quote:

I ment after nik and jatinder
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 23, 2003 at 11:37 AM Post #15 of 58
actually.....

if you are counting all equipment associated with audio, i believe the total worth of my "system" could be almost double either of the above mentioned systems, not counting software. this can be verified, as i record all my purchases in a database, right down to the internal SCSI adaptor used in my sampler.

but if you mean only hardware related to headphone stuff... yeah, i don't think anyone even comes close to those two.

but you know, some people are willing to live in a shack so they can own a NSX. yes, there are people that do that. and there are people probably willing to drive a Pinto so they can own some hot-shot tube amp. not that either nik or jatinder would fall in those categories.... i'm just saying, cost alone doesn't mean too much. though, i have to admit, nik must be truly devoted to this hobby, no matter how rich or poor he is, to make those kinds of purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back