Who Has A Blackberry?
Jan 9, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #61 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Noob question here:

How can I take names/phone numbers and transfer them from my laptop to my 8330? I have ~200 contacts that I want to transfer, but I don't want to add them manually on the device.

you can use outlook express or outlook if you have a windows pc.

Jan 13, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #62 of 143
I'm glad I traded in my old Motorola Q for my Curve 8330. The BlackBerry OS is so much better than Windows Mobile.
The only thing I really miss from the Q is QR code reading. I just can't find a reader for BB

EDIT: I found BeeTagg which reads (among other formats) QR codes

Jan 14, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #63 of 143
Just committed to a Storm. Upgraded online so the waiting game begins. Despite polarising opinions, I've decided to take the plunge. Worst comes to worst, I'll return it within 14 days and settle for something else. I've got a few cheap 'n cheerful Nokias (1208, 6210Navigator, 6300) by my side anyway should the Storm decide to pack up.
biggrin.gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #64 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rolamoto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm glad I traded in my old Motorola Q for my Curve 8330. The BlackBerry OS is so much better than Windows Mobile.
The only thing I really miss from the Q is QRcode reading. I just can't find a reader for BBOS

check out Viigo - that and Ascendo DataVault are the two BB apps i absolutely cannot live without. Viigo is free, DataVault is not (but it's worth every penny).

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just committed to a Storm. Upgraded online so the waiting game begins. Despite polarising opinions, I've decided to take the plunge. Worst comes to worst, I'll return it within 14 days and settle for something else. I've got a few cheap 'n cheerful Nokias (1208, 6210Navigator, 6300) by my side anyway should the Storm decide to pack up.
biggrin.gif

let us know how you like it... i'm personally waiting for Verizon's next QWERTY BB.

Jan 17, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #67 of 143
Re: Storm

Just got it through the post. Not really much to report yet, other than the fact that it is a pretty impressive looking phone. It's got a really nice feel to it and the clicky screen is very nice to look at, as well as to type on. Oh, the reception is a bit crap: 1-2 bars of 3G reception in my flat, and I live in central Edinburgh! I get almost full reception on other phones. There seems to be very little lag to speak of. I'm on .78 firmware, the latest official available from Vodafone UK. Not really tempted to try beta firmware just yet.

EDIT: ah! reception is very poor if you lay the handset down on a desk. Hold it in your hand and I get full reception!
biggrin.gif

The browser is a slow at the initial rendering. The iPhone 3G seems to give you something to look at even though the page hasn't loaded yet. That said, the Storm is still a fraction slower than the iPhone at loading up a webpage.

Jan 17, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #68 of 143
Brief sound quality impressions of the Blackberry Storm using my ACS T2s:
  1. Bass is quite detailed and well controlled/articulated.
  2. Upper midrange and highs lack sparkle and clarity. Definitely not sibilant.
  3. Overall sound has a rather overcast, slightly warm character, but fairly detailed.
  4. Midrange and lower midrange not quite as transparent as I would like. Sounds a teeny bit veiled.
  5. Headphone-out is pretty clean during music playback. There's no hiss at all, but there's a soft squeaking noise between tracks.

Bottom line - Definitely not for those looking for a flat/neutral/transparent source. Stick to your Sansas and iPods
biggrin.gif
Not too shabby and certainly more than satisfactory for casual on-the-go listening. With a pair of good IEMs, you may actually enjoy listening to music
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #69 of 143
I love my Storm. It has still some issues but for me it is definitely worth it, it is also my first BB. I use MarkSpace Missing Sync with my Mac. I am able to transfer my iTunes music without problems but it does not transfer the playlists. You can create your own, but they keep dissapearing every time I reconnect wit Missing Sync. The was around it for me is to look and listen by genres. I use it a lot for Podcasts. Also downloaded Radio Companion which allows you to listen to Internet Radio of any genre. Pretty cool, as long as you have unlimited minutes for web time.
The volume buttons are a little awkward and the volume increase is too fast.
Overall though, the email capabilities and its browser experience is good, although the browser is not as good as the iPhone. You can however try different browsers (Bolt, Opera Mini). Great phone.

Jan 19, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #70 of 143
I love my Pearl. I can't wait until November when I upgrade to the 8900, maybe. The Android phones look interesting too.

Jan 20, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #72 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
G1 looks a little enormous for me.

That's how I like my phones.
wink.gif
I currently have a Sony Ericcson P990i to replace my beloved Pearl because I wanted wifi and video recording. But alas, the keyboard is a bit too small to type on. It makes texting difficult too, especially the at least 500 I do a day. I really need a large keyboard.

Jan 21, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #74 of 143
Quote:

500 a day¿?! How many girlfriends do you have?!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

one very demanding one.
tongue.gif

Jan 23, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #75 of 143
Quote:

500 a day¿?! How many girlfriends do you have?!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

atsmile.gif

Actually, I'm single. For now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back