Who Has A Blackberry?
Nov 26, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #16 of 143
Hmmm... maybe I'll just keep my 8830 in that case. :/

Nov 26, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #18 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been keeping a very close eye on the official Blackberry & Vodafone UK support forums for the Storm. It seems like there is still no end to the various problems. Some of them, I imagine, are downright annoying (eg spontaneous rebooting, poor reception - > poor battery life, slow 5s camera AF) and others much less so... Still, I reckon we should be patient and wait for mk2, or at least a brand new firmware to iron out the massive potholes. By then, there will be a third generation iPhone though ...
angry_face.gif
... and a whole new ballgame.
popcorn.gif

Don't even get me started. I had to use the beta version for months! When i turn the device to landscape, i would have to shake it in order for the screen to change. I'm glad i'll be getting my bold back soon
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #19 of 143
I recently 'upgraded' to the BB Flip/Kickstart (8220), after the initial pains of learning the typing system and finding where all the options are hidden I'm quite liking it.

I looked at the Bold and the Storm but the environment I work and play in are not safe for a phone with an 'open keyboard'. This was my reason for switching as my previous phone was subjected to quite a bit of scraping and bumping. The clamshell design is solid and the hinge is large which prevents the twisting I've seen on other clamshell designs. The exterior screen will show the text of messages when they arrive and the status LED lets me know at a glance if I have a message I missed.

My biggest complaint at the moment is the lack of decent holsters for it, I've been relegated to using non-brand flipphone holsters that aren't up to par of the nice Blackberry ones out there.

Nov 29, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #20 of 143
I have the World Edition 8830, which is company issued and even though I was reluctant at first, I now find that I couldn't live without it.

It is an incredible device.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #22 of 143
I had BB Bold for some time..borrowed it from Dad.. its one phone which is highly productive and yet tons of features for entertainment. the Video playback for movie is awesome.

although after i got my Xperia..Bold kinda lost its charm for me

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #24 of 143
I've had a few crackberries, and would not want to live without one now... I enjoy wifi on the newest one, and skype, and many other features - & tho the last two upgrades had me looking sideways at an iPhone (and like many here, I'm an apple fan), I found it to be a pretty gadget but not that useful.

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #25 of 143
I hear browsing forums on the Bold is dreadful because the text is too small to read??

Dec 2, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #26 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear browsing forums on the Bold is dreadful because the text is too small to read??

you can click to zoom in...i like it. if not, you can always download opera which i hear is very good

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #27 of 143
I got a Storm and its a let down. But other than the missing wifi I think RIM can fix most of the issues with it so hopefully it'll get better.

Dec 8, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #29 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by nghiasays /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a Storm and its a let down. But other than the missing wifi I think RIM can fix most of the issues with it so hopefully it'll get better.

do you have the latest software update? it's supposed to make the whole OS run much smoother.

Dec 8, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #30 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can click to zoom in...i like it. if not, you can always download opera which i hear is very good

I hope so mine arrives tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back