Who else got a PM 'interested in you'?
Sep 30, 2006 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Zorander

Headphoneus Supremus
I received a PM from a newly registered member 'love' (check out his/her profile!). It's interesting to see spams being transmitted via PMs (normally it's the domain of emails).

Now who else got the same exact message?
icon10.gif

Quote:

interested in you
My name is mirian,i saw your profile today and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.Here is my email address mimi_asrad23@yahoo.com i believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.Miss queen Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life.
Yours regards
Miss Mimi

Edit:
I suspect that person has registered under different names. Has anyone else been spammed by the same or different name?

Sep 30, 2006 at 12:11 PM Post #2 of 24
Ahh how sweet, I never get stuff like that
biggrin.gif

I don't think it's spam, because this takes a lot of time (usually you are just provided with a link to a website instead of a email adress you have to mail)

Sep 30, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #5 of 24
Please report PM's such as these to the moderators, and we will deal with it as is appropriate.

Thanks...

Sep 30, 2006 at 1:43 PM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
Please report PM's such as these to the moderators, and we will deal with it as is appropriate.

Thanks...

Will do the next time I get something like this. Cheers!

Edit: I already deleted that PM off my inbox however, so there is no material (on this matter) I can pass on to you. Unless you are able to retrieve deleted messages.

Sep 30, 2006 at 4:34 PM Post #7 of 24
Come on, with a name like Love, how can it not be spam? Either that, or you have a secret admirer.
biggrin.gif

Aww, she was banned. Her profile did take some time to do, and it's a forum full of guys. If the girl is on the level, then girl, just tone it down a bit, act natural.
wink.gif

Zorander, you had me at "Alessandro ms-2"
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 30, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #10 of 24
On another site, there were a couple of these, but in thread form. (russian mail-order brides or something) What's sad is that a couple of the guys actually fell for it.

Sep 30, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
(russian mail-order brides or something) What's sad is that a couple of the guys actually fell for it.

Is it? Do Russian mail-order brides necessarily have to be bad girls?

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Sep 30, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
I already deleted that PM off my inbox however, so there is no material (on this matter) I can pass on to you. Unless you are able to retrieve deleted messages.

No biggie....all one need do is look at the profile to know (s)he isn't interested in headphone audio.
eek.gif

Sep 30, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #14 of 24
i should my profile like love's!
all work and no play make thomas a dull boy
all work and nop lay make htomas a dullbo y
lla wook anda no play makes thomas a dull boy

Sep 30, 2006 at 11:39 PM Post #15 of 24
I see that she's "smart and lovely" and "lookig for a good man lookig for a good man lookig for a good man lookig for a good man lookig for a good man lookig for a good man lookig for a good man lookig for a good man .................."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back