Who else builds their own equipment in particular "CABLES"
Jul 22, 2013 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mBkS

New Head-Fier
I spend nearly all my spare time building my own cables(for friends and myself, none have ever failed). Then once done making them better. Yes I run some kimber kables as well as firewire, ar and pg but my best sound is off my custom cables. I have good details, but gotta hear who else builds cables worth more than the rest.

Jul 23, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #2 of 3
I mean I build all my own cables.  Its just honestly a lot cheaper for me.  Do they sound better, I don't know.  I just think its cheaper.  I build a silver cable silver from top to bottom and the same cable would have cost me 2-3x the amount I put into into it if I bought it.  

Jul 23, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 3
I ask due to everybody striving for the most tight and clean system. It is amazing the money people will pay to plug and play. The next step is soldering the internals of monitors that contain male/female plugs. I do have software that reads the difference when digging into networks and soldering directly using digital cd sacd blue ray dvd etc...systems it is very useful to solder our connections as far as the internals of amps to speakers.

Onto homemade cables I guarantee you are getting more from your radio than the guy with the same setup. I began this thread to see what steps people are doing to make their a/v systems better. I may spend days building identical(8 total when bi to 12 to tri-wire)cables to biwire monitors then to only spend more time to try to make them better. It is part of audiophile lifestyle and I have had $800cables fail. Not from fatigue of use, just simple negligence at the manufacturer. And they are guaranteed a lifetime normally although my personal cables I take every moment to make them better than what I can buy which mostly consist of materials and time.

Please anybody share your experience with cables from mic/xlr to power and or speaker etc . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back