Who doesn't like their Wii?
Jun 8, 2007 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Jon L

For him, f/1.2 is a prime number
I mean Wii is kind of fun for its novelty for the first few times, but after that, the graphics are childish, games are way too easy to figure out, and nothing too exciting.

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Figo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
360 has been out twice as long and has half as many quality games.

Says who? I heard that both the wii and 360 were doing very well, with the latter having as many if not more quality titles.

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #4 of 25
360 has more games, sure. And is has some pretty damn good ones. It's been out longer. (I have a 360 and a Wii, for the record)

The Wii has been in need for some more games lately, but they are coming... however, what makes graphics childish? Just because the Wii is 250$ instead of 300 or 400 or 600 (cheaper components) doesn't make it bad. It doesn't do as high res as the 360 or the PS3, but even on a decent TV the Wii still looks just fine.

I dunno, I enjoy Zelda and Trama Center and Warioware- I can't wait for Resident Evil 4 (if the pointing works well)

I dunno, the Wii deserves some credit for being what it has always claimed to be.

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldirial /img/forum/go_quote.gif
however, what makes graphics childish? Just because the Wii is 250$ instead of 300 or 400 or 600 (cheaper components) doesn't make it bad. It doesn't do as high res as the 360 or the PS3, but even on a decent TV the Wii still looks just fine.

Perhaps he's referring to the more youth-oriented style of some first-party games.

I wouldn't mind getting a wii, but $250 is a lot and I'm afraid it might end up like the GC (which I have).

Jun 8, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #6 of 25
I love my Wii, and have never pondered whether I should have passed on it

I only spend two or three hours a week playing video games so spending 400 or 600 dollars for a console didn't make sense to me. I liked that the Wii took a different approach, it's more than a beefed up version of previous consoles. Thats not to say the PS3 and 360 are inferior, but rather a wii is something different and as a casual gamer the motion control enticed me enough to warrant the purchase. If I played more often I probably would have issues with the consoles selection of games, but seeing as I play often as I do a good game will last me a month or two and by the time I'm finished with it a couple more quality games will have been released.

Jun 8, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #7 of 25
I have one friend that hates the wiimote and two others that love the wii. All own the console.

Personally, I prefer the 360.

Jun 8, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #9 of 25
My Wii is a blast. Good BBQ, some beers, and the Wii are great time with some friends.

I don't know anyone who owns one who doesn't like it, and I don't know anyone who's played mine that doesn't want one.

About a week after launch a friend of mine brought his PS3 over with about 6 games and a few Blu-Ray movies. We played with the PS3 for a bit, but kept going back to the Wii. The PS3 is definitely an amazing piece of hardware. Graphics and sound are top notch and the Blu-Ray movies look superb on a nice HD TV. But I have yet to play a game on it that isn't just like one I could get on a PS2, GameCube, or XBox.

Jun 8, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #10 of 25
I enjoy mine. However, as work consumes most of my time, and the rest of my free time is split amongst my many hobbies, i rarely get to play it.

I really enjoy the NFS: Carbon Game. My Wii usually takes the center of attention at get togethers. Especially when my friends start having Wii Boxing matches...

Jun 8, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #11 of 25
i have never played the Wii but i recnetly played the latest F1 racing simulation for PS3 and i was blown away, it was really smooth. if i didnt have a decent computer i would probibly buy a PS3 before a Wii, but i would rather have a Wii at this point, i still play alot of old nintendo games the lesser graphics dont bother me, i like the gamecube and think it had a good run. BTW are the Wii in stock at retail stores yet?

Jun 8, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #12 of 25
Maybe if the Wii was 100 bucks cheaper, Id go for it, but right now I'm still liking my 360, But then again if the PS3 was a hundred bucks cheaper Id go for that also,
I like all three, I'm a lover not a hater

Aloha

Jun 8, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #13 of 25
The Wii is the first console that we own that gets everyone and I mean everyone playing. Even those who are all thumbs. Can't say that for the others. Super high-res graphics are not essential for having fun. If I want high-res, I play on the computer.

BTW, we also own the PS2 (2nd gen), GC, Dreamcast, N64, XB360. My brother has the PS3 and we have spent a fair amount of time with it. It's nice, but overhyped. BluRay is not a big selling point for us.

Jun 8, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #14 of 25
Not bieng a big console fan the Wii is perfect. As many have stated it is a great source of entertainment for party's, which can't be said for a PS or 360 unless you have a large group of regular gamers. Lets face it...everyone likes to bowl and it doesn't require a lot of time to bowl a game giving many more folks a chance to play. Sadly the Wii is tough for FPS games due to the targeting. I don't play with it often but do pull it out for group gatherings (get your mind out of the gutter). I think i'll keep it!

Jun 8, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #15 of 25
As a very casual gamer, I am enjoying my Wii a lot. Beyond Wii Sports, I've tried Medal of Honor, which isn't bad. I really like wiimote much better than a traditional controller for this type of game. It works quite well.

I am looking forward to checking out Mario Party 8 and maybe Tiger Woods.

The biggest surprise however, is that my wife is really enjoying the Wii too. We have a lot of fun playing tennis and bowling together, and she really loves being able to look at pictures of our daughter on the big screen tv using Wii slideshow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back