Who do you think is an underrated guitarist?
Oct 17, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #16 of 21
It’s a pity I don’t know so many good musicians I could learn from. I don’t know why some get the attention. Some get done. It’s probably just an accident, or maybe some lucky ones have, and others don’t.
All those guys’ lives were connected to playing the guitar, and they probably reached heights unknown to most of us, but we still know nothing about them. I wonder what accessories for a guitar they used and what unusual techniques they knew.
Where can I read more about these guitar players that didn’t get to become famous? I would prefer a printed book about them.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #18 of 21
Alex Lifeson. Neil and Geddy get all the praise, but he is clearly their equal. And no, I'm not in the cult... Just always thought he was top of the list for underrated. LA Villa Strangiato solo is one of the best ever laid down. Exit Stage Left being most polished... Top 3 favorite of all time.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 1:39 AM Post #19 of 21
Alex Lifeson. Neil and Geddy get all the praise, but he is clearly their equal. And no, I'm not in the cult... Just always thought he was top of the list for underrated. LA Villa Stragiato solo is one of the best ever laid down. Exit Stage Left being most polished... Top 3 favorite of all time.
And don't forget the ripping solo in the middle of 2112.

Nov 14, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #20 of 21
Buck Dharma from Blue Oyster Cult always seemed under appreciated in guitar circles.

Vito from White Lion also never got the praise. Almost a forgotten about 80s guitarist, when his playing was simply on fire and more complex than what Dokken, Poison, and Motley Crue were doing at the time.

Nov 14, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #21 of 21
Alex Lifeson. Neil and Geddy get all the praise, but he is clearly their equal. And no, I'm not in the cult... Just always thought he was top of the list for underrated. LA Villa Strangiato solo is one of the best ever laid down. Exit Stage Left being most polished... Top 3 favorite of all time.
Im a big Rush fan and a guitarist and I still dont care for Alex’s playing too much. I think the thing that helped me come to terms with it to a degree was someone pointing out that his guitar solos were more soundscape crafting than a conventional melody for a guitar solo.

Alex’s riff writing sure was great, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back