Who are your favorite trance DJs / Producers of all time?
Mar 14, 2011 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

vision20

New Head-Fier
For me, it is obvious by my user pic: Above & Beyond. Second on the list without a doubt is ReOrder.

Why? I just love their work. It is simply beautiful enough for me to just sit down, listen to some Above & Beyond or ReOrder, and have the world around me just pause with absolute silence. I have listened to their beginning work and I'd say it is just as amazing as their work today.

What about you guys? Who are your favorite DJs / Producers of all time?

Mar 14, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #5 of 16

Quote:
Armin Van Buuren. Above and Beyond is great too!
biggrin.gif

He rocks! i do like most of his songs. 

Mar 14, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #6 of 16

Quote:
I Really love to listen to some ATB and Armin Van Buuren. Above and Beyond is great too!
biggrin.gif

+2

I listen to all of the mainstream producers; AVB, PVD, Corsten, 4 Strings... currently listening to AVB's "Sail"

Mar 14, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #8 of 16
My favorite of all time? PPK...Just...amazing Russian Trance. It's SO good.

Above & Beyond is a close second. I can't believe I missed their show when they were in Austin last month. I nearly cried.

Mar 16, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #10 of 16
Armin van Buuren and Infected Mushroom are my all time favorites. :D

Mar 20, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #12 of 16
Yeah, its like a combination between classical music and psychedelic trance, very addictive. I noticed see you're getting the TMA-1's soon, these are mind-blowing when you play infected mushroom, its like they were made for them. :)

Mar 20, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #13 of 16
I'll hopefully be ordering them Tuesday. Gonna 2 day 'em. So excited to get an actual portable headphone again.

Quote:
Yeah, its like a combination between classical music and psychedelic trance, very addictive. I noticed see you're getting the TMA-1's soon, these are mind-blowing when you play infected mushroom, its like they were made for them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #14 of 16
 above and beyond, W&W, ATB, Armin van Burren

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #15 of 16
Paul van Dyk certainly top, Armin van Buuren, and Above and Beyond after I heard Sun and Moon. Found Arnej on youtube, I'm generally impressed by all of his tracks. Tiesto is hit or miss. 

As far as trance subgenres for psytrance it's certainly Infected Mushroom, Juno Reactor in second. for Goa I would have to say Shpongle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back