Who actually hates music and doesn't even know why they spent so much money on headphones?
Feb 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #2 of 6
I don't think anybody hates music... I sometimes wonder if my love for film and literature isn't equal to my love for music and then wonder if I shouldn't spend some of the money I spend on audio gear on getting a better home theater setup, or buying more books.

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #4 of 6
Hate music? I'm not sure how that is possible, genres-aside, but spending unhealthy amounts of money on something you have little passion for is quite.... worrying.

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #5 of 6
To have an absolute distaste for music is definitely not normal. We have a natural attraction to music, especially stuff like simple beats. That's why a lot of popular songs have a strong, catchy beat. I could see being really picky and generally dislike most music you come across, but that's different from categorically hating music. I'd actually expect something is physically or mentally wrong if you are actually incapable of enjoying music.

I can definitely see why some people wouldn't care to invest what many of us invest in set ups for listening to music, but I can't imagine why someone would spend any significant amount of money before realizing that it's not that important to them.

I agree with TheGhost, though I hadn't really specifically thought about it. I have 3 pairs of headphones and 1 pair arriving in the next day or 2. I'm planning on selling 1 pair that I already have, but ended up finding another pair I want. Since TheGhost mentioned it, I've now considered that maybe I should invest that money into some newer music or into some of my favorite stuff on vinyl. I'm a tech guy at heart, so I can get a bit carried away with the physical/hardware aspects of stuff and lose sight of the actual purpose. I find myself listening to a lot of the same stuff lately and expanding my music collection would probably be a smarter idea for me. Others, like TheGhost suggested, might be better off spending money in areas outside of music and audio equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back