Whitesnake slide it in 25th anniversary cd is the worst remaster EVER!
Jun 8, 2009 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Beyerfan70

100+ Head-Fier
Just picked this deluxe cd/dvd up this morning and i couldn't even get half way through it,it was so bad it made my teeth itch!
Way too loud,way too tinny,way too compressed and if i'm very much mistaken re recorded in parts as well.
The original versions (both the uk and us mixes) blow this away,heck even the 30th anniversary 3cd collection sounds better than this and i thought that was the worst sounding remaster ever.
Unfortunately this is yet another loudness war victim and it's such a shame because the packaging is wonderful,nice detailed booklet and nice quality dvd too.
But honestly ive never heard anything so unlistenable and cringe worthy in my life!
Id rather listen to death magnetic with er4's than this....now that's saying something!
Avoid like the plague!

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 5
It's a crying shame what their doing modern remasters. Anything that is more unlistenable than death magnetic should be immediately thrown in the trash or the unfortunate victim should get a full refund. Death magnetic sounds horrible. I had to acquire the guitar hero III version which sounds much better. Even the new U2 album sounds compressed and too loud. I guess they are catering to a crowd that mostly use apple buds. Sorry for your disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back