100+ Head-Fier
So here's what I've got:
Aiaiai TMA-1
AKG K240 Monitors (600Ohm)
Sony XB-500

Here's what I've got coming:
Schiit Modi/Magni Stack

Here's my story, lol:
So far, all of my headphone purchases have been semi-researched, not really planned, and all won on eBay.
The K240 and XB-500 were completely unexpected eBay wins. But both allowed me to decide which end of the basshead vs. neutral-audiophile spectrum I'm at.

My K240 have amazing detail, even when they're run straight from my motherboard's integrated sound.
The XB-500s are surprisingly less comfy than my K240s even with the gigantic marshmallow pads. And the bass is nice, but a bit too much and the details (mids/highs) definitely feel missing at times.

The TMA-1s describe my tastes pretty perfectly, although I do wish they were clearer.
These are my go-to and only portables. However, I want something more comfy (supra-aural headphones) for extended at-home use.

What I want:
Good looking headphones (yea it does matter, even if I never use them outside of the house).
Preferably white, or well, thats what this thread is for anyway, since its harder to find white headphones than black lol.
Something with good bass and details, maybe a slight smiley face freq. response lol. Definitely nothing like Beats... they dont have too much bass, but just... the wrong kind of bass. Hard to explain...
Budget would be around 200-300. Maybe a bit over.

Here's what I've been looking at:

Pioneer HDJ-2000s
These fit my specs pretty well. Although I've read about odd orange discoloration on the headband. If anyone has experience with this, please advise.

V-Moda M-100
Definitely up there on my list, but $300 seems a bit steep (for some reason I feel like these are marked at a premium due to popularity) and the aesthetics are a bit too aggressive in my opinion.

AKG K701 (w/ bass port mod?)
Yea I know, these are not known for bass, but the opposite actually. However, I did find a thread on these forums about removing a little piece of plastic that covers a bass port behind the drivers. Only reservation here is... I dont want to break my headphones by accident. 
I love how these looks though. In terms of aesthetics, I think the K701s are perfect.
The Q701s would be nice if the color was actually all white, but right now i imagine they look like oreos on your head.

Are there any other white headphones that you guys would recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back