Whiplash Elite Twag OM Cable - Anyone interested in black rather than the silver?
Aug 31, 2010 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

skoog5600

500+ Head-Fier
Hi fellow head fi'ers,

I am curious if anyone would be willing to buy Craig's recently released Elite Twag OM cable if he were to make it in black?
I already own the sliver version, which is great by the way, and matches up perfectly with my clear and blue JH13s. But I also
have a pair of red and black customs that I thought would be pretty cool to get in black if he had it. So how do others feel about that?
Would you pull the trigger and buy if it were available?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 31, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 38
The silver is soooo pretty though, its like no other cable i've seen (very limited numbers here) but it kinda has like a 'glow' to it and it you look closely you can see all the strands.

my customs are clear black and although yes a black cable could be 'more' appropriate, i just cant get past how pretty and dare i say, hardcore, it looks with the thick braid.

but, yes i do think that if it were to be available in black then yes it would get some sales but it just wouldn't have that signature TWag look, rather more a DIY or bite my tongue a lesser grade cable.

A useless suggestion may be to have it covered in black sheathing.

i would think, at a higher 'custom' cost and when Craig isn't so brutally busy (ha so not in the foreseeable future) then it could be done but i'd say you'd have to wait quite some time to receive it as it'd
be along the lines of previous TWag cables getting the overmould treatment which is like a 4 week wait?

Sep 1, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 38

Quote:
The silver is soooo pretty though, its like no other cable i've seen (very limited numbers here) but it kinda has like a 'glow' to it and it you look closely you can see all the strands.

my customs are clear black and although yes a black cable could be 'more' appropriate, i just cant get past how pretty and dare i say, hardcore, it looks with the thick braid.

but, yes i do think that if it were to be available in black then yes it would get some sales but it just wouldn't have that signature TWag look, rather more a DIY or bite my tongue a lesser grade cable.

A useless suggestion may be to have it covered in black sheathing.

i would think, at a higher 'custom' cost and when Craig isn't so brutally busy (ha so not in the foreseeable future) then it could be done but i'd say you'd have to wait quite some time to receive it as it'd
be along the lines of previous TWag cables getting the overmould treatment which is like a 4 week wait?

Linthart - Being an owner of the latest Twag OM cable, you bring up some good points. Craig has created a brand with his signature color. And the latest creation besides the sound, the performance is top notch.

Perhaps we can challenge Craig to create one in black like no other out there. Come on he did it with the silver. Great creations come out of constraints. How can you create something within the constraints of a color. Perhaps it is combination of his signature color and black. I bet he could come up with something.

I don't know about you, but I'd be willing to wait to see what he creates. And I am sure there are lot of folks out there who would be willing to buy if he creates another work of art. (Not just another black cable).

I see some people are viewing the page, but does anyone else out there have any thoughts?

Sep 1, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #4 of 38
Hmmm something that could look crazy would be 2 black and 2 silver wires. Really show off the braid and the fact that there are 4 wires and not 3 :D this may also help with custom/diy termination for say owners changing to balanced connectors.

Sep 1, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #6 of 38

+1 i gave you a thumbs up :)

Thanks buddy :D

That is certainly a cable I'd buy. It'd match me perfect with my black/stainless iPhone 4, black protector and arrow on the way and my black customs. Still get that TWag feel and the stealthiness of black.

Holy crap that'd look sexy.
We should put it to Craig for sure

Sep 1, 2010 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 38

Quote:
Thanks buddy :D

That is certainly a cable I'd buy. It'd match me perfect with my black/stainless iPhone 4, black protector and arrow on the way and my black customs. Still get that TWag feel and the stealthiness of black.

Holy crap that'd look sexy.
We should put it to Craig for sure

Now that's what I'm talking about! I agree, not to mention that it would appeal to both that have silver or black iphones, amps etc. I think the silver matched with the black could be a great combo!!!

Spread the word and we'll get a list to Craig, just so he can see there is genuine interest. I know I'd buy in a heartbeat!

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #8 of 38
Anyone else out there have an opinion?

Sep 1, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #10 of 38

Quote:
i think it'd be pretty damn sweet.  my 16's are trans black with a silver logo so it'd match them nicely.  the silver + black braid that is ^^.

I agree, it would be pretty sweet! Spread the word and let's see if we can get Craig to produce a prototype, put pics up and generate a little buzz!

Sep 2, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #13 of 38
Hey Guys,

I doubt if I'll ever get the TWag made with black insulation, unless there was a huge demand.  TWag is wicked expensive to get manufactured, and to experiment with another color insulation would take quite a substantial amount of time (which I am short of) to perfect.

However, I've learned never to say never!  :wink:

In any event, glad you guys are all enjoying the wire, Craig is making some really great products with it, that's for sure.

Peace,

Lee

Sep 3, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #14 of 38
Hi Lee,

Thanks for your comments regarding the Twag in black insulation. I liked the idea of a silver/black combo.
That is too bad. I think at some point there would be a demand, but perhaps maybe not enough to justify experimenting.

Oh well.

Anyway, really enjoying Craig's newest creation the Twag OM, of course I am sure with your help.

A

Sep 5, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #15 of 38
I'm curious if the Twag oxidizes.  I have the original JH Audio JH-13 cable and after about 6 months, it's almost completely green.  This supposedly happens with UE cables as well, and is considered "normal."  I would never pay $300+ for a silver cable that turned green, but I'm wondering if the Twag doesn't, why doesn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back