Whiplash Audio Mini-Mini Review
Oct 6, 2008 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SuperNothing

500+ Head-Fier
So I know I haven't been on Head-Fi much lately and this is my first cable review so just bear with me. I picked up this cable from Craig of Whiplash Audio at the NJ Meet back in July. The cable he gave me to listen to was the Elite Vampire CCC-II Copper Cryo Mini-Mini . (I know the link goes to the LOD version but just imagine that it is the mini-mini.) The mini-mini is made out of Vampire CCC-II Cryo Copper with Switchcraft 3.5mm connectors. I have to say that I really like the cable. It is very well built and sturdy. The cable also is nice and flexible and doesn't feel like I might snap it in half when I bend it between my iPod and portable amp. My one complaint about the build is that the techflex is a bit too wide for cable it is surrounding and it bulges out when bent but this is a minor issue.

As for how the cable sounds I am not sure how much of a difference a mini-mini cable actually provides. All I can say is I feel that there was a difference in sound between my silver-coated copper mini-mini and the Whiplash Audio Copper Mini-Mini. At this point I am not sure which one I prefer but I would definitely recommend this mini-mini.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back