While listening to your Headphones...what else do you do?
Feb 3, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #106 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm kind of wierd, it is either listen to headphones in both ears, or not at all. Maybe I'll let her yell at me until she gets so mad that she grounds me, then I'll have nice interrupted time with my cans
280smile.gif

Yeah; I prefer two ears also. Now that I have lost my KSC75s to the wife, I'm back to listening with both ears with my MS-1s on the computer again. Yeah; sounds better for sure!!

The kids had gotten in the habit of using my MS-1s on their computer, but I took them back the day before Christmas when they got the cable tangled in their computer chair and ripped off chunks of insulation. They look yukky but still sound great! Really tough strong cable!! The kids got new phones for Christmas and the Wife got a new iPod and really needed my KSC75s and I really wanted my MS-1s back, so it all worked out great!!

Feb 4, 2007 at 12:51 PM Post #110 of 128
Formula 1 automobile races! The cans do a great job of pulling the voices out of the racket.....although some of the racket is really "music"!! But sometimes the cable feed puts the background levels high enough that the voices can be hard to distinguish. Phones to the rescue!!

....the wife often calls me and the cans in to solve her questions on NASCAR as well!

EDIT:....ya know; this is totally unfair!! The Formula 1 races beginning with the pre-race stuff, rarely runs much over about two hours early Sunday morning; but the NASCAR races quite often have pre race-stuff starting right after the F1 race, but then the pre-race stuff often lasts as long as the entire F1 event! Then the actual race begins and may last another six or seven hours! Or longer!!

It's unfair!
frown.gif

Feb 4, 2007 at 1:00 PM Post #111 of 128
procrasinating

Feb 4, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #112 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kipper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
procrasinating

...yeah, ya just had to use THAT word, didn'tya?
mad.gif
I had pretty well goten everybody convinced that it was mind expanding "Music Appreciation"!
tongue.gif

Feb 4, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #113 of 128
Walking the dog, doing the dishes, Headfi-ing, with my coffee and my morning newspaper, mowing the lawn, bathing (A KSC-75 fell of into the water once and worked perfectly afterwards, so have no fear!), hiking, shopping, and number 1....vegging!

Feb 4, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #114 of 128
I mostly serf the internet. Also, I use them while playing games.

I do use them while studying, but this is kind of strange for me. I say it's strange because about three fourths of the time I find it helps immensely with my studying. The other quarter of time, I find it distracting. It does seem to correlate with the type of music I listen to as well. But, most of the time I study with my headphones.

Also, I listen to them while walking around campus.
600smile.gif

Feb 4, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #117 of 128
I use my headphones on transit, most of the time I just gaze out the window or sometimes keep an eye out for other possibly headfiers.

Does anyone ever get the feeling like they are in a movie where you hear nothing but music playing while walking through a crowd of people? I always feel that way when I'm walking around in my university. I guess I'm in a world of my own

Feb 4, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #118 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone ever get the feeling like they are in a movie where you hear nothing but music playing?

before I owned a car, I used to ride the train accross Belgium a lot. With my favourite music - GY!BE / Mogwai / EITS / Mono / 65dos - through my RH1/NH900 -> LDM+ -> eggos the gray landscapes and weather, bricolage buildings, industrial sites and ppl moving around in stations muted by the HP's, it would feel like a two hour videoclip...

boy I miss public transport
eggosmile.gif
... boy I feel weird for saying this
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back