Which would you keep??
May 7, 2014 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

WizeGuyDezignz

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, this is my first post here, but I've been around Head-Fi for a while as a lurker, researcher, etc.  I know most of you will hate this thread since the two headphones that I'm gonna mention are damned around here, but here goes anyway haha.

I've tried and purchased many headphones lately from M50's, Amperiors, Shure 840's, Grado 325i's, etc.  All the ones named, I've sold already.  I found that I don't use full size headphones nearly as much as the cost of those are lying around.  I usually use earbuds in the gym, etc.

Anyhow, I have two pairs of headphones that I need an opinion on.  I am going to get rid of one of them.  And please, try to keep the bashing out of this thread.  I just want an opinion on the two, I don't want the thread to go off in a tangent.  Here are the two models I currently have and am deciding between:

1. Monster DNA (Black)
2. Beats Mixr (Neon Green)

Let me start off by saying that I ONLY listen to hip-hop music.  That's it, period.  I have the occasional other genre on my MP3 player, but 99% of my listening is hip-hop.  While the M50's were the closest good fit for me, they were way too bright for me, I wasn't a fan.  The other ones on the list aren't good for hip-hop at all which most of you probably already know.

I have to give you guys how much I paid for each of them so you can weigh that into your decision.  And please note, I am mostly using my Cowon J3 when using these headphones.  Here is the price I paid for each:

1. Monster DNA - $100
2. Beats Mixr - $70

Considering the prices paid, which is a better value?  To me, they both sound pretty darn similar with the DNA's being a little more forward with the mids and cleaner highs.  That's just my quick opinion since I haven't listened to either one for a very long time.  They are both burned in as well.

So, which would you guys keep considering all the factors?  Which out of the two do you think are better headphones period, regardless of the price?  And please try to say "neither one".  If you don't like these headphones or don't have anything good to say, please don't post.

Thanks guys!

May 7, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #3 of 7
DNA, ez. Next, please.

Edit: sell green mixrs for
Black mixr, you don't want to look like a walking skittles commercial.

Thanks for the reply!  Could you elaborate on why you would keep the DNA's over the Mixr's?  

If I took your advice and kept the DNA's, why would I sell my green Mixr's for black ones?

May 7, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #7 of 7
No, I,meant trash the DNA's in my first post. Color is just my opinion though
biggrin.gif

Oh I see, thanks man!  Yeah the color would not have been my choice but it was a local deal that I got a pretty good deal on.  Maybe I will flip them for a different color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back