Which Woo amp for Audeze LCD-X?
Mar 17, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #31 of 35
Hi folks, sorry, nothing yet. We have a  major launch going on and I'm not in the office with the WA7 lately. I hope to get some time this week, though.

Dec 13, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #32 of 35
Hi all, 

apologies - this is a rookie question from someone still getting to grips with the basics.

Just read through this thread & I'm curious about the recommendations for the woo wa5-le for driving Audeze & other planar magnetic headphones.  I was under the impression that Audeze headphones did best out of amplifiers which output a lot of power.  This seems to be why most often SS amps are favoured instead of tube-amps.    The Audeze website recommends the optimal output range being 1 - 4 watts. 

Looking at the Woo comparison table it states that the WA5-LE delivers only 0.6 watts @ 32 Ohms ,  whereas the much less expensive WA6-SE delivers 2 watts at 32 Ohms.

Would someone be able to explain to me how the LCD series headphones are still able to excel on the WA5 or on other amplifiers which are lesser powered.  Am I misunderstanding the figures (very possible) or just getting too hung up on them? 

Thanks!

Regards

Jeb. 

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #34 of 35
Dang, this was an interesting thread with no ending lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back