Which Wire Goes Where?
Mar 18, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #3 of 8
For the drivers- Left pad is Ground, Right Pad is +. So White wire on the left, blue on the right.

For the plug the tip is left channel, the middle is right channel, the bottom is ground. I can't remember what this means on the solder points off the top of my head
smily_headphones1.gif

You should have a multimeter to test your continuity.

Mar 18, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #7 of 8
From the top of the Jack:
Tip of jack is left channel
Ring is right channel
Sleeve is ground and should have both channels grounds attached.

And, to save yourself hassles, make sure to put a bit of heatshrink tubing around each connection on the jack.

Oh, and make sure the barrel of the connector is on the cable before you start to soldering. <grin>

Mar 18, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #8 of 8
Its the neutrik right angle plug, with the connector pointing away from you, left = left channel, right = right channel, the bottom = ground (white wires), each of the blues wires will go to the left and right. It's an extremely tight connector you shouldn't even have room to put the white plastic clip back, unless you force it or trim it down, save anything else. It's a strong connector actually and well seperated joints, and with thin wire you shouldn't worry if you do a clean soldering job.

Assuming you are using the 23g canare, you will have to strip the outter rubber layer since it can't fit into the neutrik connector. If the cable feels loose out of the connector, you could use a small length of heatshrink, but you have to insert it in as the first thing. If you have strip everything off beside the bare wires then I think the white clip is good enough, since it is a portable headphone you want it to be flexible and less microphonic (the rubber will cause it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back