Which will I be happier with
Apr 28, 2006 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Happytab

Head-Fier
Driven from an Ipod for use at home and in office

KSC75 - £14 in the UK
PX100 - £19 in the UK
Porta Pro - £24 in the UK

Guess i'm looking for a SQ vs comfort comparison here ?

Thanks

Apr 28, 2006 at 12:21 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happytab

KSC75 - £14 in the UK
PX100 - £19 in the UK

Thanks

The PortaPro. More musical and enjoyable than the PX100 and sturdier than the KSC75.

Apr 28, 2006 at 12:23 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

KSC75 - £14 in the UK
PX100 - £19 in the UK

Thanks

Hi,Can't give a view on the other models you list Happytab but the px100's are good for sq and comfort in relation to their price,and work fine with the ipod.I use mine plugged into keyboards so as not to drive other people mad.

Apr 28, 2006 at 12:30 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyli3
Hi,Can't give a view on the other models you list Happytab but the px100's are good for sq and comfort in relation to their price,and work fine with the ipod.I use mine plugged into keyboards so as not to drive other people mad.

How much noise do they let in compared to the standard in ear ipod type buds ?

Apr 28, 2006 at 1:00 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

How much noise do they let in compared to the standard in ear ipod type buds ?

Well their not closed cans so like many others will let a little sound in and out,i gave them another quick try from my ipod just now and heard my phone ring from about 10 feet away,which depending on your requirements can be good or bad?
Other than trying them once i have never used the buds[ i find buds and IEM's uncomfortable].
If you wanted closed can's suitable for use unamped with the ipod my own fav is the hd25-1 BUT a lot more expensive around £120 in the UK.

Apr 28, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyli3
Well their not closed cans so like many others will let a little sound in and out,i gave them another quick try from my ipod just now and heard my phone ring from about 10 feet away,which depending on your requirements can be good or bad?
Other than trying them once i have never used the buds[ i find buds and IEM's uncomfortable].
If you wanted closed can's suitable for use unamped with the ipod my own fav is the hd25-1 BUT a lot more expensive around £120 in the UK.

That sounds worse sound intrusion than my ipod buds - which is a bad thing - I dont need total isolation - just enough to mean I dont need to put the volume up to max and blow my ear drums. Anyone?

Apr 28, 2006 at 4:58 PM Post #7 of 8
read primo stuff about the akg k81 dj here...
am considering them myself.
closed cans, portable, awesome "bang for the buck"
might be a bit tight/clamping your head (which has me worried)

cost around €50.00
rolleyes.gif

Apr 28, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #8 of 8
Sayrum mentioned the AKG portable DJ headphone; other than the potential "clamping" effect on those of us with larger heads, I might be tempted to take a chance on them. There's something to be said for not leaking sound in or out while at the office or on the go (which is why I concentrate on IEMs).

But as for 'phones with which I'm familiar -- I have the PortaPro 2's. They're very light, smaller/less obvious than I had pictured them to be, based on online photographs, and surprisingly comfortable and "non-aggravating," considering the metal headband, which works better than I would have thought. The sound is really quite good -- very "big," considering the light weight of the headphones. I can give an unqualified recommendation for using them at home (I haven't tried them out in public) -- use at the office could depend on how concerned you are with appearances ... frankly, they could look a little nerdy ... much would depend on your work situation. But the performance-to-cost ratio is excellent.

The Sennheisers have an excellent reputation and certainly look good -- for a pair of portable, open headphones, I doubt that you could go wrong with them. The KSC75's are supposed to sound amazing for the price, but the "Princess Leia effect" might or might not put you off -- also, I would think the earclips have about a 50-50 chance of suiting a person or driving him/her crazy. I bought a pair for a friend -- I'll have to try them on sometime, to see how they suit me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back