Which will be the summer blockbuster to beat?
May 22, 2006 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

wakeride74

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm not including M:i:III or Da Vinci Code mainly because they are already out and have not been impressing the masses as had been expected.

So.... and then there was three!

X3: The Last Stand

I'm going to see this Friday and am siked about it! I've really enjoyed the last two and this one looked pretty epic! Ian McKellen will surely impress and as long as they don't wreck the dark Phoenix thing to badly her character will be an interesting transition... and eye candy if nothing else! Hugh Jackman has been great as Wolverine and bringing Kelsey Grammer in as Beast was a great choice. Looking forward to an all out mutant war!

Superman Returns

I'll see it for sure... the Imax 3-D thing has me interested not to mention Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor should be fantastic. Brandon Routh has some big shoes to fill and I don't know that any Superman movie will top No. II but it's being hyped and looks worth a ticket!

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

This may end up being the one to beat this summer. While I expect to like X3 better this does look better than the first which I very much enjoyed. Depp's character is fantastic and with the broad appeal it's likely to have it may just be the big one of the summer.

So am I missing any?? Anyone want to make some predictions?

May 22, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #3 of 45
I voted for the x-men movie, just because I am bummed about the 3-d of Superman. I will not be able to experience this like many others will due to my lack of vision in one of my eyes.
frown.gif

I really am looking forward to both of these movies though.

May 22, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by saab
I voted for the x-men movie, just because I am bummed about the 3-d of Superman. I will not be able to experience this like many others will due to my lack of vision in one of my eyes.
frown.gif

I really am looking forward to both of these movies though.

They'll be showing it regular to my friend

May 22, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #6 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
They'll be showing it regular to my friend

Oh, I know, I am just jealous of all of the people who will be able to take advantage of the 3d
cool.gif
tongue.gif

That's all.

May 22, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #8 of 45
What's this about 3D Superman? If I'm getting the gist right, I'm missing something too, due to a bout of [size=xx-small]strabiz...stribis...[/size]lazy eye when I was two. It's kind of cool actually, the doctor says my mind "forgot" how to see in 3D.

May 22, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #9 of 45
I vote for PoCDmC.

It will be close, though. I plan on going to all three and bringing my son and wife.

I'm pumped for the X-Men movie, excited about PoC, and mildly curious about Superman.

May 22, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #10 of 45
Let's see..... they already killed the Superman series, I have bad feelings about the Pirates sequel (the first one was stellar, and I'm not certain they can do it again now that all the jokes are old), but X3 looks fantastic.

May 22, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #14 of 45
Hey now, you KNOW it will down as a classic! Come on, what's not to love about the movie? Snakes! On a plane! With da man Sam Jackson! How can it go wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back