Which Westone or something else?
Oct 3, 2015 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

knopi

500+ Head-Fier
Hello, I had UM3X in past. I liked how UM3X sounded touch of realism and emotion probably tuned to my liking. It is the reason I want stay with Westone. What do you recomend me UM Pro 50 or W60? Or there is something better from different brand?  

And I am thinking a little about customs too ES50, ES60. I had JH13 in past and liked them but definitely no wow, I do not know if problem was my ear seal or do not know. Truth is Westone have different material so it could be smoething different.
Universal will be probably more safe..

Thanks for opinions and little help

Oct 3, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #2 of 5
I can't answer your specific questions, unfortunately. I do remember that the W4 universals were much closer sonically to the ES5 than the W3 or UM3X. I found the 3X too forward in the mids, and the 3 were less precise than the 4. All in my opinion and based on memory from a few years back.

Oct 3, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #3 of 5
Thank you for your experience) yes W4 was their top universal in past. I had W4 a few weeks too and like them as well as UM3X but I can not tell different I had them in different time. Westone marketing writes that UM Pro 50 is the first product in their Signature Series that comprises the best of all the Westone products that they build. And W60 shares many of the same internal components as their ES60.

Why you choose Noble instead of Westone?

Oct 4, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #5 of 5
I'm just looking for something different sonically. I enjoyed the ES5 but wasn't willing to fork out another $1000 to replace them with something too similar. I wouldn't call it complaints, but there were a few things I would like different from the ES5, a bit more airiness up top, and maybe not so lush in the mids.

If I don't like the Nobles I'll fork out the restocking fee and probably go with the W40 or W50. I'm not predicting that will be the case though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back