Which way to install the op-amp?
Jun 18, 2005 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cmirza

1000+ Head-Fier
I just recieved my Go-Vibe, and wanted to swap the op-amps. The thing is, I'm not sure which way to install the chip. I dont't want to fry the unit installing it the wrong way. Can anyone let me know which way the chip goes in?

Jun 18, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 4
you'd find all the infos on the go-vibe hp: http://members.shaw.ca/storage_2/hea...eplacement.htm
wink.gif

/edit: i'd recommend to give your new amp some time to burn in, before you change the opamp. at least those electrolytic caps inside need some time (50-150h), to let the ics shine in their best light...

Jun 19, 2005 at 3:23 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza
Yeah, I just found that. It came with the AD8066 installed, but I wanted the OPA2227, which is supposed to sound better with Grados. Thanks anyway.

I would also recommend leaving the amp alone for the 50 hour break-in period and also to get an good sense for what the AD8066 sounds like. The fact that the OPA2227 is "supposed" to sound good with Grados may not necessarily make it so to your ears.

I just recently rolled in the OPA2227. I like it regardless of the fact that some think some of the AD opamps surpass it. The AD8066 is also a good sounding opamp. Had I not given it ample listening time, I would not have been able to appreciate the qualities that the OPA2227 also has to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back