Which USB out should I use for my DAC? Asus U30JC-A1 (pictures included)
Jun 2, 2011 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

chrislangley4253

Headphoneus Supremus
I know this might be an odd question. But I also know that someone might have an answer, and I'm curious as to what their reasoning might be.  As you can see I have two usb ports on the left side.. (I'm pretty sure those run directly off the motherboard). And one on the right side. 

Thanks in advance. Oh, also. What about with our desktop? would I want to use the USB's on the front, or the back?

Jun 3, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
I use the left side on my laptop because the 1's on the right are near the power circuits, on a desktop always use the rear sockets.

Thanks for the tip! I was pretty sure about using the back one. Anyone else have cents to throw into this argument? If not, I'll just stick to the right side :D

Jun 3, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Thanks for the tip! I was pretty sure about using the back one. Anyone else have cents to throw into this argument? If not, I'll just stick to the right side :D

Like JRG1990, you want to use ports that are furthest away from power sources, which in the case of your laptop are any of the ports on the left side. For desktops, always use the ports on the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back