Which tube amplifier as the first tube amplifier?
Jan 16, 2023 at 3:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pouni

Head-Fier
Hello all,

I'm relatively new to hi-fi and have now picked up a Meze 109 Pro, a Musician Pegasus DAC and a Topping A90 discrete amp. I am very happy with the sound, but I would like to get an additional tube amp to judge for myself whether I like tube amps or solid state amps better. Maybe I will notice that I prefer certain music with a solid state amp and prefer other music with a tube amp.

So now I'm wondering, which tube amplifier should I get as my first tube amplifier to experience this. Is there a tube amp you guys recommend for this? I have already been recommended the Feliks Audio Euforia Evolution, but this amp is honestly a bit too expensive for me to start with.

I'm also considering ordering a bottlehead kit and building it myself, however the Crack is probably not well suited for low impedance headphones (like my Meze 109 Pro), so it would probably have to be the Mainline and here I shy away from the effort and expense of importing it to Germany. Would that still be a very good value for money in the end, or is there a tube amp in a similar or lower price range that you would recommend to me with very good value for money?

Greetings

Bojan

Jan 16, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 4
you'll need to drill a hole to plug the headphones in

833TNT-Main.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back