Which to go for: Westone ES2, UE-10, UE-5, Ety, Sensaphonics
Sep 7, 2005 at 2:35 PM Post #16 of 17
I am going to second the UE suggestions. In this thread you see there are a few people that have had issues with 2Xs. The fact that they only give you 6 months on warranty and UE gives you 1 year. Again I have owned my UE-10s and haven't had any issues with them. Problems with fitting generally related to the shape of your ear canal. Some canals aren't as easy to get a fit for. So whether you get it from UE or who ever, your fit will be harder. You can ask the audiologist to see if the fit is going to be harder or not. Audiologist deal alot with getting hearing aids and their fit and the shape of the canal is of interest. If the canal doesn't have what they call a notch in the canal, then fitting is going to be harder. Canal shape not only varies from person to person but from ear to ear.

Personally I think there is a difference between UE-5s and the UE-10s. Again I haven't tried the UE-5s but there is a review in the "review section" of this forum for the UE-5s and UE-10s
(http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77508).

And most recently there was review by "misaki206" a few days ago.. who got the UE-5s and then used a friends UE-10s. Again I would think he would be pretty unbias about what the differences are between the two.

quoting misaki206..
""
After listening to a friend's UE-10Pro, I did have a little bit feeling of regret in getting UE-5c. I’ve read lots of UE-10Pro reviews here and I was given to understand that UE-10Pro sounds a bit cold and has forward midrange creating weird sound stage. Though I also noticed such characteristics during my listening, I do like that as the superior analytical power and crystal clear highs are coexistence with tight and controlled but powerful bass. The soundstage is wider than UE-5c except the singer stands closer to you – seems like the voice of the singer is straight our from your head (it's cool!) The overall performance is excellent and since then, every time I pick up and listen to my UE-5c, I can’t stop thinking of UE-10Pro.
""
If want to read more..
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135697

Sep 7, 2005 at 2:48 PM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
Hi, guys, so I am in Canada BC.

Then I'd suggest UE-10 Pro as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
The fact that they only give you 6 months on warranty and UE gives you 1 year.

Sensaphonics also have a 1 year warranty and the customer service is awesome in the U.K. to boot (don't know about the U.S.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back