Which Tips/Sleeves do you like best?
May 10, 2005 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

dragonman111

Head-Fier
I personally like the foamies best but i havent tried the Ultra Soft Flex Sleeves Yet and I would like to see what other people like on their canalphones.

May 11, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #6 of 23
Tri phalanges on my ER4. They are actually the only kind I have tried, but I really don't' like foam earplugs, and the tri phalanges are great, so I haven’t gotten around to it yet. I do plan on trying the black foamies out sometime as I already own ten, but whatever (I'll do it when I finish listening to Evil Empire).

May 11, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #7 of 23
The soft flex tips are the most comfortable but I get a better seal with Shure's foamies. Going to experiment combining the two when I have time.

May 11, 2005 at 1:30 PM Post #11 of 23
I mostly use the Ultra-Soft Flex Sleeves, but find my 2-Flange tips (ER6) to give better isolation at a slight cost to comfort.

May 11, 2005 at 3:44 PM Post #12 of 23
Could someone help me with the differences between these various types of tips for canalphones?

I have a pair of Sony EX71's and the tips that came with them (not sure what they are called) are heavenly. They insert gently into the ear canal, provide reasonable isolation, pretty respectable sound, and are extremely comfortable. I can wear them for hours with no irritation which was not true AT ALL with the buds that came with the IPOD. Ouch!

Thanks,

Ken

May 11, 2005 at 4:23 PM Post #13 of 23
The tips mentioned are mostly germane to the Shure and Etymotic varieties. If we were to go by the construction of the material, the Sony EXxx series would be closest to the grey "ultra soft" flex sleeves, as they are both made of a thin, resilient silicone material. The regular clear flex sleeves are made out of a plastic or rubber.

May 11, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #14 of 23
I'm probably weird on this one, but the ultra-softs don't hold canalphones in my ears. They will slip out very easily. The triflanges (biflanges, actually) hold them in my ear well, though, and don't require the maintenance of the foamies...in addition to other reasons

May 11, 2005 at 8:51 PM Post #15 of 23
For my Shure E3's the triflanges worked best. I had to pay extra for them (they don't come with E3's), but it was worth it. The foamies are fine but I am not comfortable re-using them. And none of the other rubber ones fit me well.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back