Which tips for Sony WF-1000XM4?
Apr 21, 2022 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

m4rkw

100+ Head-Fier
I have WF-1000XM4 coming tomorrow but am slightly concerned that the foam tips won't work well for me. I don't really like having to squeeze something deep into my ear canal, I much prefer the fit of the AirPods Pro where they sit just outside it. My minimal research suggests that SpinFit CP100-M tips might be a good choice for these, can anyone offer any thoughts or suggestions? If there are tips that will make the XM4 sit in my ears just like Airpods Pro do that would be perfect. I realise that isolation may not be as good with silicone tips but if the airpods pro can seal effectively in this position then it must be possible to get something reasonable with the XM4.

I have SpinFit CP100-M on order from amazon but it won't arrive until saturday, the headphones will arrive tomorrow along with a £5 pack of no-name silicone tips just to try out.

Apr 23, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #2 of 12
Well the headphones arrived and I was so happy with the stock tips that i didn’t bother trying anything else and returned it all to amazon. Now i’m wondering if I should have at least tried the Spinfit 360s. The stock tips fit perfectly and are comfortable, as others have said the default sound is a bit dark but EQ fixes that. Curious how the 360s compare though.

Apr 23, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 12
Well the headphones arrived and I was so happy with the stock tips that i didn’t bother trying anything else and returned it all to amazon. Now i’m wondering if I should have at least tried the Spinfit 360s. The stock tips fit perfectly and are comfortable, as others have said the default sound is a bit dark but EQ fixes that. Curious how the 360s compare though.
Not a fan of foam tips myself, bought some CP100 XL Spinfits. Much better fit for me.

Apr 24, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #5 of 12
The stock tips were not for me, i get a great seal with the spinfit tips extra large. I get a somewhat elevation in volume. Sound is what the listener makes of it.
We all have different hearing. My ears are 74 years old so how much can i dicern. Much depends on your source. I don't go for a harsh treble sound.
I have a few daps in my collection, and listen to flac files, i switch between fiio m11 and the shanling m3x. With the m4's ldac sounds pretty good. Pretty decent bass punch, plus messing with the sony app eq. Mine is set for audio quality. DSEE off.

May 2, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #8 of 12
Silicone tips ruin the ANC too much. I tried Comply isolation+, the mediums just fell out, the large worked but were hard to stick into my ears and caused ear pain, and they didn't seem very good quality. Back on the stock tips for now and mulling over whether to get custom moulds. If they would fit in the charging case it would be a no-brainer but since they don't I'm somewhat on the fence.

May 2, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #9 of 12
I use Senda Earfit Xelastec for my WF1000XM4.

Seals better than the foams and the ANC is perfectly fine. The only thing I have notice is that the bass increased but wasnt as tight as I like it. I have never had a foam have a proper seal for long a time, always had to reinsert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back