Which switch, what hookup, and pot questions for CHA47 & META42
Oct 8, 2002 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Cheeba-Fi

New Head-Fier
Hello All,

I have a couple of questions.

I am currently building a CHA47 based on the directions in "Apheared's Project Notebook" on Headwize. I would like to add the crossfeed available on the Hansen board, but I am unsure on how to integrate this with the basic CHA47 setup because of the jumper wire that populates one side of the R11 position. I am also unsure on how/ where to wire in a switch so that I can turn the cross-feed on, off, and switch the settings.

On the switch thing, what type of switch is appropriate for use with the crossfeed function? Any suggestions (I would prefer a mini-toggle or slide switch)?? I will be placing an order (for this and additional parts) with Mouser today or tomorrow depending on what I find out here, so if you have part numbers, great. Ditto this question for the META42 board.

Pots, I have a few 20K panasonic pots that I bought awhile back (for building a CMOY - scrapped for lack of time). I noticed that Tangent recommends the 50K panasonics for the META42, can I use the 20K pots?? If so does the pot need to be modified with a resistor??

If anyone can recommend a past thread with helpful information thanks. (I'm having trouble with the archives search this morning -- getting error page if I try to read past the first page of a thread.)

Namastay,
Cheeba-Fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 9, 2002 at 12:09 PM Post #2 of 7
I found this thread on Headwize late yesterday. http://headwize.powerpill.org/ubb/sh...0&srch=hansen; I was wondering if a 3P2T switch is correct. I found these switches in the Mouser catalog #506-MTA306D & #506-MTA306E will these work for the crossfeed? I guess additional question is, do I need the on-off-on or the on-none-on switch?
confused.gif
Any help is appreciated.

Namastay,
Cheeba-Fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 9, 2002 at 1:28 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Cheeba-Fi

Pots, I have a few 20K panasonic pots that I bought awhile back (for building a CMOY - scrapped for lack of time). I noticed that Tangent recommends the 50K panasonics for the META42, can I use the 20K pots?? If so does the pot need to be modified with a resistor??

I'm building a Meta 42 of my own as well. Just finished the soldering and layout about 10 minutes ago & am waiting for my El2001CN's to arrive in a few days time.

The Tangent guide does state that you can use pots from 10K to 100K ohms. It's just that 50K ohms is felt to be ideal. You can go ahead and use the 20K ohm pot without modification, I guess.

Oct 9, 2002 at 5:20 PM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for the reply Dreamslacker. Did you wire up the crossfeed on your META boards? If so, what type of bypass switch did you use? Thanks again.

Namastay,
Cheeba-Fi

Oct 10, 2002 at 7:43 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Cheeba-Fi
Thanks for the reply Dreamslacker. Did you wire up the crossfeed on your META boards? If so, what type of bypass switch did you use? Thanks again.

Namastay,
Cheeba-Fi

I did not wire crossfeed and I didn't order a META board. I'm making the entire amp from scratch with a normal PCB.

Interesting though, I didn't know that the cheap little exposed 1/4" jack I have is manufactured by Neutrik. And I just ordered a Neutrik locking panel jack. heh..

Oct 10, 2002 at 12:08 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Cheeba-Fi has a pot question?

Well, someone finally put one and one together and found the humor in my thread subject line.
evil_smiley.gif
Thanks Jeff!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back