Which SR-007's Do I Have?
Dec 25, 2018 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

billqs

500+ Head-Fier
I have a set of SR-007s photo_(3).jpg photo_(4).jpg photo_(5).jpg photo_(6).jpg which I love. I got them from someone on Audiogon. They lack a serial number, unfortunately. The headband says they are SR-007s MKII, but they have Champagne colored housing. They have black pads and brown cord. They came in a box that said STAX SR-007.

I've muddled it worse. I had channel imbalance and I got STAX to repair the transducers. They definitely put in the MK II drivers.

I just wanted to clear this up before I possibly do the Spritzer port mod or the spring mod on them.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #2 of 6
Looks like the Japanese domestic MkII. Do the Spitzer BluTack mod. It's easily reversible and makes them sound awesome.

Jan 1, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for your help! I got the closest thing they sale to BluTack and am planning on doing to the mod soon.

Jan 1, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #4 of 6
Here's a picture of one open with the BluTack applied:

img1600mt1.jpg

You want to fully seal that little rectangular opening by where the cable attaches.
Don't touch the gold mesh area or let any screws fall onto it.
The black cover shown to the left will squish it a little when you screw it back on.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks! I'll need to implement this once I finish migrating our media to a new home server.

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #6 of 6
Oh, don't jam it into the opening, you just need a little rectangle to seal over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back