Which soundcard Kernel stream in vista? (besides av710)
Apr 6, 2008 at 6:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TempleOfEar

Banned
i feel like throwing a pie on someone face right now (mainly bill gates) cuz after updating my cmedia driver for my chaintech av710 in 32x vista, it no longer does kernel streaming anymore. so i tinkered with the non WaveRT driver too and now i can't roll back the driver to the one i had yesterday- the old Cmedia driver that was working perfectly even tho it had an annoyin bug. and they don't post old drivers on their website. it looks like i will have to buy a different sound card now. because knernel streaming makes all the difference for me. can you guys recommend me something? thanks in advance... im so mad :p

Apr 8, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #3 of 4
Yes it does, you just have to figure it out. I remembered when I had the card I use the old 4.51c driver, it was the last of the nonbloated looking driver. I plug the mini into the Wolfson jack, but I set it to be normal 2 channel with PCM out. If kernal stream still doesn't work, I use a DSP pluggin (for foobar it's called Resampler SSRC) that allows to resample the samplingrate of which ever I currently select in the sounddriver, in this case, 44.1khz.

If you can't get it working you can also try Asio4all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back