Which sound signature for which kind of music?
Nov 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Kujo

New Head-Fier
I'm pretty new to audiophile sound, but I really want to know if there is a guide to sound signatures. Can anyone list what signatures go well with each genre? Like, dubstep is obviously going to need bass heavy, but what sounds good with warm sound, or v-shaped, or neutral?

Nov 16, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 5
Yeah those are the two genres I listen to the most. I've heard that you want warm or neutral for that, but many people recommended the FXT-90s which are supposed to be V-Shaped.

Nov 17, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 5
There are many different recordings within a certain genre no matter which one you choose, so finding a perfect sound signature for a genre is not possible in my experience.
Personal preferences also play an important role here so, unluckily there's no way to find a perfect sound signature for a certain genre and claim this is valid for all the people.

What is true is that there are some genres with the vast majority of recordings being low quality, ultra compressed, so most people tend to prefer darker headphones for this kind of music. So Fidelio X1 are probably a better pick than DT990 for modern mainstream.

Another important thing is that two different headphones labeled as V-shaped could sound totally different, to a point that you could like one very much and hate the other.

Nov 17, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #5 of 5
Neutral - people who like to listen to how the music/ song suppose to be
Warm - mid bass heavier, suitable for people who tend (but not completely) to be bass head or pop kind of music
V shape - more extended on treble and bass, some people call it recess mid too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back