which sound card should i choose ?
Mar 1, 2016 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ahmadi3dali

New Head-Fier
Hi
I'm going to buy a sound card, i am considering these three options and i don't know which one to choose.
My headphone is Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
I'm think about buying 
1- Creative-PCI-Express-X-Fi-Titanium-Fatal1ty-Pro (this is used)
2- Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D USB THX Dolby Sound Card (new)
3- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy PCIe RX 7.1 Sound Card (new)
You should also know in my country all these cards have almost the same price
Thanks.

Mar 1, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #2 of 6
May I recoomend getting a DAC/Amp combo instead? That is if you are just playing on using it with yhour headphones. Is there a reason you want to go with the sound card over a dedicated dac/amp combo?

Mar 1, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 6
2 reason
1- even if i use amp and dac, doesn't the final 3.5mm jack goes inside my computer ? i mean in the end isn't the computer sound card responsible for the decoding and ... ? 
2- my current onboard sound card is indeed broken! and i can not use my microphone, so one of the reason i'm thinking about buying a sound card is to connect and use my microphone as well.

Mar 1, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #6 of 6
I would wait for someone more Knowldgeable to show up as I have ZERO idea on whats good at any price point since I am just starting this journey off myself. I do know some of the basics like a DAC/AMP combo needs to be hooked up via USB and NOT 3.5mm if you want to make use of the DAC portion ortherwise you are just making use of the AMP portion of the product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back