Which smartphone should I get tomorrow to use as a DAP for my equipment setup? I need to buy it tomorrow.
May 21, 2014 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Basshead Paul

Head-Fier
This is my first post at headfi, but I've been lurking for months. I love you guys! I just found out I can get a free new smartphone tomorrow with a two year contract. I want to make sure I get the best smartphone possible to use as a portable DAP for my rig listed below. 

My gear right now:

V-Moda Crossfade m-100 headphones
Fiio e11 portable headphone amp
+ soon I'll be using a standalone DAC
and adding more and more over the next year as I learn more.

I know I don't have much yet, but I've only been interested in audio equipment for a month. I don't care if the smartphone DAP has a good built in DAC because I want to buy a better standalone and do it right, so I can add and replace it with an even better DAC later if I chose. So the internal DAC in the smartphone DAP doesn't matter, but it's VERY important to me that the smartphone I choose has necessary outputs and capabilites to connect it to whatever DAC I choose later as a standalone. Basically I want the best sound quality possible in the smartphone I choose, with the capabilty to connect it to the standalone DAC I purchase.

I have heard a lot about iphones working well as smartphone DAP's. Is that true? Are there better options without paying for such a big name as iphone? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back