Which Shure in ears?
Oct 23, 2014 at 9:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jakesaunders27

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I have a broken set of SE215s Shure say I can send them in for a replacement but I also have the option to upgrade at a discounted price, SE315s for £90.35, SE425 for £142.34 or SE535 for £226.85 so all a fair bit off the shop price, what are the strengths and weaknesses to each? Can't decide as I would be nice to upgrade but I don't know what too. I would use them for doing a bit of live sound, playing electronic music live and obviously listening to music, stuff from like Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac to things like Deadmau5.

Cheers
Jake

Oct 23, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi,
I have a broken set of SE215s Shure say I can send them in for a replacement but I also have the option to upgrade at a discounted price, SE315s for £90.35, SE425 for £142.34 or SE535 for £226.85 so all a fair bit off the shop price, what are the strengths and weaknesses to each? Can't decide as I would be nice to upgrade but I don't know what too. I would use them for doing a bit of live sound, playing electronic music live and obviously listening to music, stuff from like Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac to things like Deadmau5.

Cheers
Jake

The SE425 has great mids and lows. Its bass is punchy, but still a little lacking. However, it's still punchier than the SE215. Trust me, I own both pairs. The SE535 is much like the SE425, but has even more bass. They both provide amazing clarity though. I guess it comes down to whether if you're a bass-centric guy or not. If you're satisfied with the SE215's performance, you'll be blown away by either of these. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with the SE315, so you'll have to do a little research on those. 

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #3 of 3
The SE425 has great mids and lows. Its bass is punchy, but still a little lacking. However, it's still punchier than the SE215. Trust me, I own both pairs. The SE535 is much like the SE425, but has even more bass. They both provide amazing clarity though. I guess it comes down to whether if you're a bass-centric guy or not. If you're satisfied with the SE215's performance, you'll be blown away by either of these. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with the SE315, so you'll have to do a little research on those. 

Thanks, I think I might go for the 535s, thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back