Which Shpongle album should I start with?
Jun 7, 2007 at 3:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

I3eyond

500+ Head-Fier
Which shall it be?

Sidenote: is it bad to buy from iTunes? (still gapless and decent quality?)

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #2 of 12
Are you Shpongled!!! Good stuff

Jun 7, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by I3eyond /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which shall it be?

Sidenote: is it bad to buy from iTunes? (still gapless and decent quality?)

Emusic has all 4 albums as DRM-free lame-encoded mp3. They usually have trial subscriptions so you can possible get them for nothing.

I'm not sure whether iTunes will support gapless on these though (a must for the last album which is essentially one very long track - I have the CD). The iTunes store versions are currently DRMd 128k AAC.

I'd get them in order of their release, but they're all great (and superbly engineered).

Drew

Jun 7, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #4 of 12
I have "Nothing Lasts....." and "Tales of the Inexpressible", both of which are fantatstic and highly recommended. Great headphone music.

Jun 9, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #7 of 12
Start with all of them! Just listen to "Are you shpongled?", "Tales of the inexpresible", "Nothing lasts..." from start to end, then listen the one you liked more several times, then another... They're so great, one way or another you'll end up loving all three
icon10.gif

"Shpongle remixed" is cool, too.

Jun 9, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #8 of 12
I've never really seen Shpongle at any stores i've been to. I've gotten them from psyshop.com - great store, decent prices and shipping, doesn't take too long to get em.

Jun 10, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyTheCat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never really seen Shpongle at any stores i've been to. I've gotten them from psyshop.com - great store, decent prices and shipping, doesn't take too long to get em.

Exactly the same for me. Psyshop was very easy all around.

Jun 11, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #11 of 12
Yah, I would get the CDs from psyshop.com. Personally, I would start with Tales of the Inexpressible, but they're all good.

I bought Nothing Lasts from Ameoba in LA for $23, I think, but it's the only one I've seen in a store. Had I known I could have gotten it from psyshop.com then for half the price, I certainly would have. Sheesh, I thought I'd scored big time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back