Which should I buy?
Dec 22, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.... I tried the Zune software and it sucks compared to iTunes. ....

Well, as they say "to each their own". But I can tell you when it comes to large capacity DAPs, large music libraries, and external hard drives for library storage, the Zune software is miles above iTunes.

I do agree about the battery life, tho'. The Classic can last weeks without a recharge. But when it comes to SQ I'll give the edge to the Zune.

Dec 22, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, as they say "to each their own". But I can tell you when it comes to large capacity DAPs, large music libraries, and external hard drives for library storage, the Zune software is miles above iTunes.

I do agree about the battery life, tho'. The Classic can last weeks without a recharge. But when it comes to SQ I'll give the edge to the Zune.

Question: see you have both Zune and an Ipod. Do you use the same "library" source for both?? In other words, do you have one Itunes siteand another site for the ZUne? Or do both players use the same music source?? I'm thinking of another player too but all Ihave are Ipods and Itunes. Know nothing about any of the other DAPs out there

Dec 22, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Re-Rip everything to 320 or ALAC and enjoy your new ipod.

x2. I would stick with an ipod especially one with higher capacities. I have had creative players and zunes, and have just never been that happy with them. Zunes have some nice features, but I don't think it outweighs the crummy interface and annoyance of using the zune software. iPod's are just smooth and usable.

Dec 22, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #20 of 30
You kind of screwed yourself by converting to apple lossless :p it's sort of the same idea as upscaling a dvd rip to highdef-- sure the resolutions bigger and the file size is bigger, but it's no better quality than a normal dvd rip. Downscaling from there would just cause quality loss. However, this could be good for you, since now you can juse rerip all your music in lossless format :p

Onto the second point... if you're going to sheer size, the ipod would probably be the way to go... though there was a deal on the 80gig zune for $164 last week, I'm not sure if it's still active though. I've heard very good things about the sansa fuze/clip but I realize these might be too small to carry your whole library if that's what you wanted. The Cowon D2 might be another choice, though you should read up on it first :] There are a bunch of options, just do a search on mp3 players in the main forum. Hope this helps :]

Dec 23, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #22 of 30
is there a thread about ripping cd's into itunes for computer challenged individuals...i have used whatever ipod defaults to & am unhappy with the sound quality...much prefer mini disc & a good amp-headphone setup...g

Dec 23, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #23 of 30
Thanks everyone for you help, After hours of research and frustration I've finally found my future media player. That player will be the Microsoft Zune 120gb Black. I've became used to the Zune software and find it far superior to iTunes. Also I've heard the Zune 120gb has one of the purest blanced sound in any media player since it has no EQ option. I'm listening to my sisters Zune 30gb on my Shure SE530's and I have to say the 30gb sounds better than my iPod Touch 2G. The Zune 30gb sounds much more fuller and richer with deeper accurate bass that is not even muddy. I couldn't believe my ears playing the same songs again on the Zune 30gb after listening to them so much on my iPod Touch 2G. If I think the Zune 30gb sounds great and I've heard the Zune 120gb sounds even better, I'm sold! Also I was inches away from clicking "Buy Now" on the Cowon S9 because of all the neat things I've heard about it.....Crystal Clear Screen, Amazing Audio Quality, and a Touch Screen similar to the iPod Touch/iPhone. What stopped me was the 16gb capacity. Whats really the point of having a media player which emphasizes on video playback with a very small memory capacity? That sounds stupid to me. Have fun with your 16gb because it will fill up pretty quick when your adding movies to it along with your music collection. Also since I knew I was going to be watching alot of videos on my media player the iPod Classic quickly fell off my list because of it's "eye squinching" 2.5" screen. So yea, The Zune 120gb is what I will be purchasing so thanks for your help guys and have a Happy Holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!
beerchug.gif

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #24 of 30
My local Apple store had Red Hot Chilli's Stadium Arcadium album on all their ipods about a month ago, and I knew I had it buried in my mp3 collection somewhere at 320kbs so I dragged it onto my D2/Clix/Zune and took them and my E530's into the apple store and AB'd them when the store was busy so they wouldn't notice how sad I was being
wink.gif

Anyway, dear me, stock, those ipods don't get anywhere near the D2/Clix/Zune, they sound bloody awfull. I'm not saying they don't sound great after an iMod and an external amp, but stock, in my opinion, they're terrible.

I don't think you'll go wrong avoiding the ipod and getting the Zune.

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My local Apple store had Red Hot Chilli's Stadium Arcadium album on all their ipods about a month ago, and I knew I had it buried in my mp3 collection somewhere at 320kbs so I dragged it onto my D2/Clix/Zune and took them and my E530's into the apple store and AB'd them when the store was busy so they wouldn't notice how sad I was being
wink.gif

Anyway, dear me, stock, those ipods don't get anywhere near the D2/Clix/Zune, they sound bloody awfull. I'm not saying they don't sound great after an iMod and an external amp, but stock, in my opinion, they're terrible.

Thanks for your comparison. It makes me even more happier to hear the Zune sounds better than the iPod. Can I please ask of you to tell me what you think sounds the best between the Zune, Clix, and Cowon D2? Thanks.

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #26 of 30
Hope you enjoy your purchase. I myself would consider getting a Zune if MS untied it from the shackles of Zune software, and actually making it available for purchase over here...

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

please.....anythingbutipod forum is where you need to be.

Dec 23, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hope you enjoy your purchase. I myself would consider getting a Zune if MS untied it from the shackles of Zune software, and actually making it available for purchase over here...

Well, try this...
Microsoft Zune Accessories - ZuneThings

I dont know what to do with you and the software.

Dec 24, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...After hours of research and frustration I've finally found my future media player. That player will be the Microsoft Zune ...

You sir have made a very wise choice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back