Which should I buy?
Aug 27, 2008 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Archospimp

New Head-Fier
I know there are a few hundred other threads on this subject so apologies in advance!

I am wanting to buy some new cans. My current ones are SR60's. I have been loaned a set of new HD650's and am really impressed with them. My system is not what you would call "high end" though. Arcam Alpha 7se CD Player. Pro-ject Head Box II Amp.

Now then... I can get the HD650's for £189 delivered and i can get the HD600's for £179 delivered. Both are brand new sets.

Which one is going to be better suited to my current system? I may upgrade in the future but I am more concerned with what is most suitable right now.

I listen to all sorts of music from classical through to metal.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers.

Jim

Aug 27, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
go for the hd650 for ten quid more

X2

Aug 28, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #4 of 7
go for the HD650's and you might want to keep an eye on amazon because the price fluctuates. i got mine for around £165.

Aug 28, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #5 of 7
you might want to take a listen at a local shop, because i don't think one is really better than the other but they do sound different. otherwise, the hd650 is a good price at only 10 more.

Aug 28, 2008 at 8:23 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you might want to take a listen at a local shop, because i don't think one is really better than the other but they do sound different. otherwise, the hd650 is a good price at only 10 more.

Agreed. They really do sound quite different, with the HD600 being more neutral and the HD650 heavier on the bass and a bit warmer. Take your own amp if you can to the shop when you test them. That way you're gonna get a much better idea of what they will sound like with your setup. Have fun choosing!

Aug 28, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #7 of 7
I've ordered a set of HD650's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back